Thread: From another board I visit

Default From another board I visit

Check out this story from another rider-*

My son took my 1997 motorcycle to Wal-Mart to pick up some oil for his P/U and parked the bike in the designated area for motorcycles. An 18-wheeler pulled into the parking lot and made a wide swing to make a turn and ran smooth over the parked bike. Totaled the bike completely....

I filed a claim and thought all was lost because I didn't have replacement insurance on the bike and I didn't think the trucker's insurance would even do anything about it but...

One week later an 18-wheeler pulled up in front of my house and dropped off a 1997 750 that looked just like my old bike without the tire marks and crushed motor and frame with only 3840 miles on it and it runs great. Handed me the title and let me keep the old bike for parts. You can hardly tell the old bike from the new one except for some scratcheas on the seat and saddlebags.
    Can't even imagine....*

Default Re: From another board I visit

That is crazy!!!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Yeah it is!* 8)

And it's cool when the right thing happens, I just wish it would happen to me more; some; at all!* :

;D

Wow.........Talk about a nice truck driver........He might have been a rider.......
    04 Suzuki GSX750F KATANA
    Wide open till you see God............then Brake

We need more people like that in this country... that is for sure...

Great story.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

i had that hapen with* a 280z i use to owne. the truck driver couldn't make the left turn onto the street so she backed up right into my car crushing the left* rear and moving the rear axle about four inches to the right. the trucking company asked me how much did i pay for the car and sent a check* that was $200 more than what i paid for it to make sure i had enough money to replace the car
    william