Thread: TIG welding

Default TIG welding

I'd like to learn to TIG steel for a bike project that I'm currently in the middle of (project log coming soon!). I'm already fairly handy with a MIG but would like to TIG some finish work on 14ga steel tubing and gussets.

I'm looking into Comm College classes, but really want to get this finished by January. I've also looked into renting a TIG Welder but the rental places are only into heavy duty rigs. I'm currently unemployed and not ready to spend ovr $1000 on Craigslist to finish one project!

Is anyone out there a fab shop worker who can teach me to TIG weld? I can pay in beer, liquor, or just everlasting friendship!

-Tom
    Last edited by IL8APEX; 12-05-2009 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

Where you located?
    www.chopsmitty.com
    616 836-3911

Quote Originally Posted by IL8APEX View Post
    I'd like to learn to TIG steel for a bike project that I'm currently in the middle of (project log coming soon!). I'm already fairly handy with a MIG but would like to TIG some finish work on 14ga steel tubing and gussets.

I'm looking into Comm College classes, but really want to get this finished by January. I've also looked into renting a TIG Welder but the rental places are only into heavy duty rigs. I'm currently unemployed and not ready to spend ovr $1000 on Craigslist to finish one project!

Is anyone out there a fab shop worker who can teach me to TIG weld? I can pay in beer, liquor, or just everlasting friendship!

-Tom
    I took it in college, and honestly I learned more with hands on welding then there. Looks like your going in the right direction... Find someone and learn from a friend.