Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone go to the gun range?

Default Anyone go to the gun range?

I was sort of thinking of MAYBE doing a meet at one of the local gun ranges this winter.

ive been to top gun before for a bachelor party. was a good time i would do it again
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Quote Originally Posted by rugby66x View Post
    ive been to top gun before for a bachelor party. was a good time i would do it again
    Good deal. I've only been to Top Gun twice and it was a long wait both times. I usually end up going to Wolverine. Their lanes are older and crappier but it's usually easy to get a lane. Oh and I don't think Wolverine has heated lanes so it can get cold in the winter. LOL

Wolverine doesn't have heat. I don't go there.

I do freq top gun. Enough that I even have a membership.

I have never had a problem getting in. However, I do usually go during the day during the week.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I have never had a problem getting in. However, I do usually go during the day during the week.
    Which is why I don't go to public ranges, those places are packed on weekends.

I've been out of shooting for quite awhile. I used to belong to a nearby sportsman's club. You pay your dues, you shoot for free. I'm planning to join again soon, just need to get a hold of a guy I know there to sponsor me and hope they have some openings. When I was a member before they had a limited number of memberships to stop overcrowding.

What kind of shooting do you guys typically do? Me: Handgun, rifle, shotgun, archery. For everyday shooting type stuff it'd typically be handgun. I have my eye on a Ruger LCP .380 right now, nice little pocket gun. Current handguns include a couple of .22's, a .357 and a .44 black powder.

'Shameless plug'
    For excellent prices and service, check out Magnum Force in Monroe. The owner is a good friend of mine. Before he had the shop he and I did a lot of gun shows together. Maumee, Saline, Lansing, Gibraltor. He's a good guy and you won't find a better deal on guns.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Which is why I don't go to public ranges, those places are packed on weekends.

I've been out of shooting for quite awhile. I used to belong to a nearby sportsman's club. You pay your dues, you shoot for free. I'm planning to join again soon, just need to get a hold of a guy I know there to sponsor me and hope they have some openings. When I was a member before they had a limited number of memberships to stop overcrowding.

What kind of shooting do you guys typically do? Me: Handgun, rifle, shotgun, archery. For everyday shooting type stuff it'd typically be handgun. I have my eye on a Ruger LCP .380 right now, nice little pocket gun. Current handguns include a couple of .22's, a .357 and a .44 black powder.

'Shameless plug'
    For excellent prices and service, check out Magnum Force in Monroe. The owner is a good friend of mine. Before he had the shop he and I did a lot of gun shows together. Maumee, Saline, Lansing, Gibraltor. He's a good guy and you won't find a better deal on guns.

I just go and shoot my hand guns.

I second Magnum Force. It's the only gun dealer I deal with!

There is a range not 5 minutes from my house...I can hear gun shots all day..but not enough that it bothers me..I know people that go there and say it's one of the best around..It's at Island Lake State park...I've never been but keep meaning to go..all I have is a 22 rifle but still it would be fun to shoot a little...it hasn't been used in about 3 or 4 years..

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    There is a range not 5 minutes from my house...I can hear gun shots all day..but not enough that it bothers me..I know people that go there and say it's one of the best around..It's at Island Lake State park...I've never been but keep meaning to go..all I have is a 22 rifle but still it would be fun to shoot a little...it hasn't been used in about 3 or 4 years..
    I have a .22 single shot bolt action rifle. It's a fun little gun to target shoot with and ammo is dirt cheap. I actually shot mine last year for the first time in about 16 years. Shot like a champ. I like it because it'll shoot long or short ammo.

Tele... i shoot my hand guns. If I want to shoot shot gun. I take my skeet thrower and go the FIL up north.

I have a Glock 23 40 cal and the Ruger LCP as well. My LCP I equipped with a Crimson Trace laser sight and a Recluse pocket holster. That is what I have been using more so anymore for my CCW. Either way... I'm ALWAYS carrying. Have been for quite some time.

Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Tele... i shoot my hand guns. If I want to shoot shot gun. I take my skeet thrower and go the FIL up north.

I have a Glock 23 40 cal and the Ruger LCP as well. My LCP I equipped with a Crimson Trace laser sight and a Recluse pocket holster. That is what I have been using more so anymore for my CCW. Either way... I'm ALWAYS carrying. Have been for quite some time.

Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    I'll be in good company, hopefully picking up my Glock 23 sometime soon.