Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knives, a whole bunch

Default Knives, a whole bunch

I just came into whole shitload of knives, like 200 or so. Tactical, hunting, fixed blade, folding, lock back, EMT, Police, belt clip, rescue, collector sets, etc. Everything from very small to very large. Some have display stands, and/or sheaths.

There are a dozen Dale Earnhardt collector knives, 6 of them are lockback in display tins, 6 are Swiss Army knife style. These are typically sold at race tracks.

All are brand new. I'll be posting pics and prices when I pick them up, hopefully next week. They will be cheap.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

hey i'm looking for a nice folding knife in LEGAL limit LOL. let me know when you get'em.

I'll post here when I get them. This whole thing came about while looking for a present for my kid. He has a small knife collection and there were a couple of things I wanted for him including a samurai sword. By the time I got this-n-that, the price was such that the guy offered me such a deal I just took the whole schmear. Sure as hell didn't plan it!

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Let me know what you got when you get it man.

Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by junkyardjon View Post
    hey i'm looking for a nice folding knife in LEGAL limit LOL. let me know when you get'em.
    That got me to thinking, exactly what is the legal limit in Michigan? We always said if you lay it across the width of your fingers, the blade cannot extend passed them.

Basically it's 3". State law says 3", and a lot of towns and cities adopt the same, but there are exceptions.

In East Lansing you can carry a 4" blade, except if you're in a city park, which limits you to a 3" blade.

In Centerline, you cannot carry a knife of any kind unless you're going hunting.

In Novi, you can carry one with a 3-1/2" blade.

Some communities say folding only, no fixed blades regardless of length.

The state law specifically excludes Dirks, Daggers, any double edged stabbing device, Stilletos, Switchblades, etc.

Here's a link to a state by state guide, then broken down to city by city. You can click the state name or city name to get to their laws and ordinances. This is where I got the above info.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

I'd be screwed in Centerline. I've carried a small Swiss Army knife for the last 25 years.

The 3" law is goofy too. It basically depends on "intent". If I can find the exact law I'll post it. Like you could carry a large hunting knife if your intent wasn't to harm someone with it. It's weird but I'll try and find it. I could be wrong.

No, you're correct. The problem is the 'intent' part is open to inerpretation by the officer. It's such a grey area that the only way to avoid potential problems is to 'stick' (pun intended!) with a 3" blade. There's always that question by the law:

"Why do you need a knife with a blade longer than 3" ?"

All you guys and your knifes... lol.

I'll bring my gun to your knife fight.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Umm...yeah. It's not supposed to be for protection. If I was carrying a knife for that it wouldn't be a Swiss Army knife. I use my knife almost daily, haven't stabbed anyone yet.....

So, how many people have you shot?