Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Post your ride roads / maps

Heading up 15 to 81 to 24 and back south. Look for me I'll be the guy on the Harley. I'll give you guys the low two finger wave so You'll know it me. When I say guys I also mean Ninjagurl.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorbusiness View Post
    Heading up 15 to 81 to 24 and back south. Look for me I'll be the guy on the Harley. I'll give you guys the low two finger wave so You'll know it me. When I say guys I also mean Ninjagurl.

I think I saw ya, I gave the low two finger wave back. Did ya see me? I was on a Fatboy.
    Don't ever let common sense get in the way of a good disaster

Rode to Flat Rock yesterday for a family thing. Usually I just go to the end of the driveway and turn right, which take me to Telegraph. The street I live on becomes Will Carleton. When we got to the bridge at 275 yesterday it was closed. I turned left on Waltz, took it to Willow, then to HRD. On the way home I took the same route out of FR, but decided to take Willow all the way back to Carpenter Road, which is right next to 23.

Turned out to be a good choice. You downriver guys looking for a new way to go west or just try something different, this is a decent option.

Pros: Good-excellent roads all the way, not much traffic, plenty of wooded areas. Much nicer than the flat-ass fields and landfill on Will Carleton.
    Cons: Once you get past the park it's as straight as an arrow.

Taking it a step further, here's a good route to get to the westside loop, or for you westside loopers that want to come back a different direction.

A couple of notes:
    The area between 'F' and 'H' can be busy, or not. It all depends on the day, time of day, etc. Weekdays during work hours are the worst. This route takes you past the old Nicholson's Motorsports and American Harley Davidson.
    The area between 'C' and 'D' is dirt, which is why the map gave you an alternate route. It is usually in good shape and it's very short, so choose your poison.
    In Dexter just west of 'I' there's a cool old stone railroad bridge you go under. Be careful, it's very narrow. Two compact cars can squeeze through ok, but most people take turns going through. On a bike everyone else will want to share the space with you.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Flat+Rock,+MI&daddr=E+Wi llow+Rd+to:E+Willow+Rd+to:Stony+Creek+Rd+to:S+Ann+ Arbor+St+to:42.222416,-83.798904+to:S+Wagner+Rd+to:Jackson+Rd+to:Baker+Rd +toexter+Pinckney+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FS9XggIdHhEJ-ymNB0qRwEA7iDGwFetPneFXpg%3BFc6YggIdVDAD-w%3BFQaYggIdfugC-w%3BFf-WggId0o8C-w%3BFYhlgwIdzJsB-w%3B%3BFaA3hQIdPlIB-w%3BFeJZhQIdECIA-w%3BFeEChgIdvfv_-g%3BFVLFhgIdeob_-g&mra=mi&mrcr=4,5&mrsp=5&sz=11&sll=42.220382,-83.623123&sspn=0.311713,0.834274&ie=UTF8&ll=42.284 929,-83.635483&spn=0.311394,0.834274&z=11
    Last edited by telecast; 05-30-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.