Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone use an arc welder?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    he is out sailing the keys right now and will be back on monday for his last week of work. I will ask for some more info then
    Thanks!

i have a hobart 125 at home and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by junkyardjon View Post
    i have a hobart 125 at home and it works great.
    That's the one I was looking at! Do you have the 125 or the 125 ez? I found refurbished 125 ez's for $209! But I think I might want the gas one day.

just the 125. the 125 ez came out after i bought mine. i used a 125 ez and didn't like it cause theres really no adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by junkyardjon View Post
    just the 125. the 125 ez came out after i bought mine. i used a 125 ez and didn't like it cause theres really no adjustment.
    I found a new 125ez for 1/2 the cost today. I think I'm going to get it. For what I'd use it for I think it will be good. I'll keep you all posted. My dad gave me welding helmet today so I'm getting ready. LOL

Hey Bob, make sure you get one that is adjustable because depending on what you are welding you will want to adjust to what you are doing.Buy one that is gasnogas so when you get good at it you could add gas later.I use a Clarke 180en and I love the adjustability and the fact that it is 230v.Amperage plays a big part.You can get good welds with flux core.You can get good welds that are pretty with gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekz View Post
    Hey Bob, make sure you get one that is adjustable because depending on what you are welding you will want to adjust to what you are doing.Buy one that is gasnogas so when you get good at it you could add gas later.I use a Clarke 180en and I love the adjustability and the fact that it is 230v.Amperage plays a big part.You can get good welds with flux core.You can get good welds that are pretty with gas.
    thanks man. i'm actually getting the 125ez. It's no gas but I'm getting it for dirt cheap new so if there is a need to upgrade i should be able to get what I paid for it easily.

Ordered the welder on Sunday. Should be here by the weekend. I can't wait! Hopefully Saturday I have time to play with it.

Got the Hobart yesterday. Got it running today and so far I'm loving it. We're really impressed with the welds it can do. I welded some 3/16 steel together today and it had great penetration and held up to a hammer smacking it in a vice several times. LOL