Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate these "custom" shops.

thats why you'll learn to make what you need and not buy from a catalog. i do all the work myself from frames to paint to wiring.

I was just reading a motorcycle magazine and they had a rolling chassis buyers guide. Man I was in the wrong business. Most of these "custom" shops in the magazine are just using Kraft/Tech frames and tossing on some wheels, tires, and bars and charging $3000 minimum! Some over $8000!

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    They don't know because most of them are building what boils down to a kit bike. They know what parts to order to put it together. That's one of the issues I always had with American Chopper. On the other hand, Jesse James used to fabricate everything including the frame.

'Kits' are great for a guy like me or you, but when you start calling yourself a custom bike builder you better be doing something more than pretty paint.
    Just read this...I've always said the same thing. Jesse James starts with a pile of metal tubing, an engine and trans, and a couple tires and BUILDS a bike. OCC is just a bunch of puds who order shit out of a catalog and then weld bullshit on it. The only guy in that shop worth anything is Rick.
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Quote Originally Posted by RoadZombie View Post
    Just read this...I've always said the same thing. Jesse James starts with a pile of metal tubing, an engine and trans, and a couple tires and BUILDS a bike. OCC is just a bunch of puds who order shit out of a catalog and then weld bullshit on it. The only guy in that shop worth anything is Rick.
    And thankfully this is their last season! LMAO I hate the theme bikes. I actually liked the bikes that that Cody kid did though. Him and Vinny or whatever his name is started their own shop.

I know a couple old greaser guys. and one in Hamburg. Both a good hike but they are old school and know their shit.
    Are you talking about Beezer? He did a noce job on my dad's motor. I wish that I could find someone like that out here (on the Eastside).
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    And thankfully this is their last season! LMAO I hate the theme bikes. I actually liked the bikes that that Cody kid did though. Him and Vinny or whatever his name is started their own shop.
    Wasn't aware of that. Gunna have to do some research now. LoL The only thing I really remember of Cody was that they did an old-schoolish chop for him because that was his thing. Probably the nicest bike they ever did on that show. Vince seemed like he had some potential too.
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Yup V Force. They even have a Tv series that was suppose to start called Throttle Junkies.
    Looking to ship your vehicle across country? We ship cars, bikes, boats, and rv's www.toprankautotransport.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris300s View Post
    Are you talking about Beezer? He did a noce job on my dad's motor. I wish that I could find someone like that out here (on the Eastside).
    Chris
    Yep... John is great!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadZombie View Post
    Wasn't aware of that. Gunna have to do some research now. LoL The only thing I really remember of Cody was that they did an old-schoolish chop for him because that was his thing. Probably the nicest bike they ever did on that show. Vince seemed like he had some potential too.
    Yeah, I saw some of Cody's, non-theme bikes down at Biketoberfest a few years back. I really liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by zamochit View Post
    Yup V Force. They even have a Tv series that was suppose to start called Throttle Junkies.
    Yep! That's it!
    http://www.vforcecustoms.com/