Thread: My Next Ride (?)

Default My Next Ride (?)

Last edited by meinschaft; 10-07-2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: vid

P...I...M...P...

Nice... can I get a test ride when you get it... you can ride the Dr. Z...
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

You getting one man?

you've been wanting that Z1000 for awhile, are ya gonna break down and do it this time?
    My current and previous rides.
    1984 Honda Ascot 500 rode for 3 months
    2001 Honda Shadow 750 7 years and 60,000 miles
    2007 Suzuki M109R 18 months and 17,000 miles
    2008 Kawasaki Concours 6 years and 70,000 miles
    2008 Yamaha Raider purchased March 10,2015

Chef,

Hey, man, it's been a long time. Good to hear from you. Regarding the 2010 Z1000, well, I'm not sure. As of yesterday, there is a BIG space in my garage that needs to be filled. I've got a few bikes that appeal to me so I'm on a mission to find a new one. If you know where I can find a nice FZ1, let me know. Hope all is well w/you and the family. I trust you had a good riding season. You still on your Kaw???

Oh yeah, I had a great riding season. I put 15,000 miles on my Concours between March and October. She has been good to me. Here is a little video I made the other day. I went out to find some Fall colors. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXPk9O3tZYY I'm gonna get out to the Tunnel of Trees soon to see if I can get a better video. I haven't seen any FZ1's but this is the time of year that the Gaylord store marks there bikes down. I'll get down there and take a look and get back to you. I kinda went away because there isn't much activity on this forum. I think it has great potential but the same 5 people kicking stuff around gets kinda boring. I'm keep busy on the Concours and the M109 websites. I just happened to check in last night to see if anything has changed then I saw your post and figured I'd throw you a hello. I will get down to Gaylord one of these days and take a peek at what's for sale. He usually puts the bikes into storage at the end of October. Take care.

Chef,

Love your Color Tour vid, man. I was up in T.C. in late Sept., had to give a talk at the Great Wolf Lodge. Brought the wifey w/me. My talk was from 8:30 - 10:30 a.m., after that I was done. So we left T.C. and headed to Charlevoix, spent the day/night there. It was too early for colors and I never made it to one of my favorite Up North joints, Leggs Inn. The whole time I was up there I was wishing I was on 2 wheels. Oh, well. Glad to hear you had a good riding season, 15K miles, WOW! You must be ready to trade-in the Kaw for another one???

Northville Phil

P.S. Stop at Leggs if it isn't closed yet.

I drive by there often. Iusually only rdie the tunnel in the Fall or Spring. I don't like it in the summer. I went out there last weekend and the Inn was packed. It was a rainy dreary day. I made it about a mile into the tunnela dn turned around and left. Many many cars driving 30mph. I didn't get out there early enough. On Sunday if you get out there before 11 a.m you have the road to yourself. I might sneak out there today. Charlevoix is a nice town. I hate driving through there. I always seem to get caught by the bridge. I have 0 patients for traffic. I've lived up here for 22 years and I believe the traffic belongs in the city. LOL Oh yeah, the Comcours stays with me. I don't have a clue what I'd prefer. I know there are alot I like but not enough to part with Connie.