Thread: What a beeeeeeeyoootiful day for a ride!

Default What a beeeeeeeyoootiful day for a ride!

Or not...

Me, a buddy and meinschaft met up this a.m. for the ride out to Holly. Fishman got hogtied by work, so he couldn't make it. A bit rainy, although I didn't run through anything all the way from Milan to New Hudson. Once we left New Hudson and started heading north, we got into some misty stuff and a wet road so meinschaft decided to call it a day.

The two of us sallied forth into Holly, wet roads but no rain. The show was a dud, probably about 50 bikes, a few neat Indians and some older rat bikes, a couple of chops. It rained pretty good while we were there. We hung out about an hour and a half and headed back, in the rain. We rode our way out of it and parted company at M-59 and Milford Road. I rode south and ended up just a short hop from Fishman's so I figured I'd stop in and see if he was home from work yet. Good choice, just as I turned onto his street the skies opened up. Thankfully he was there and his lovely wife provided a cup of coffee while I dried out. A few squalls went through, and after checking the radar decided there was never going to be a good time to leave, so I headed out. I ended up with sunshine and dry roads all the way home!

Never did make the Plymouth event, which sucks. I saw some of it on the news and it outdid Holly by about 1000%. Given the choice next year, I'll hit Plymouth.

The bike is joyously filthy and deserves a bath and a wax. Still in all, I had a great time!

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Good for you for stickin with it. Any pics from Holly?

No, I didn't take a camera.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

I heard the Plymouth event was huge. At least that is what they said on the radio.

I ended up being able to get out for a few hours, hooked up with my buddy and some guys he knows at West and 75, hit some rain but I put over 100 miles on the bike. I was the only one not on at least a liter bike so I brought up the rear most of the time.

Plymouth was HUGE...even with the questionable weather. Tons and TONS of bikes and people.

I hear ya... Wed I rode out to York, PA in the 45* weather... which is not fun, but then it rained on my 80% of the time. 8hr of travel time. SUCKED!

Just got back yesterday... was haulin ass but failed to take names... 6.5 hrs travel time! NO RAIN!

Google says its a solid 8hr ride. Hmm...... do the math... LOL
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

A guy at work went to Plymouth too. He said it was big, Detroit PD motor division doing close order riding demonstrations, an Indian display, a Norton display, live bands.

Crap. I definitely screwed up on this one. Oh well, live and learn. If there's nothing else going on on the same day I may hit the spring show in Holly, but fall will definitely be reserved for Plymouth.