Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Started my bobber project today

Default Started my bobber project today

I decided I'm done with riding for the year. It was a bad year for riding for me, a good year for everything else though. So today I got done with a detail I had to do and decided to pull the rear fender off the bike and start taking measurements for a fender and figure out how I want the turn signals and brake lights mounted. I can't decide if I'm going to keep my stock seat or go with a La Rosa. I like the La Rosa's but I already have a solo saddle that might look sort of decent but I'm thinking it might look too wide with a little bobber fender on the rear.

I'm going to try and use the stock turn signals and mount them in a different spot. OR I might go with a brake light with integrated turns for a Ninja. That would be easier to do and doable if I keep the stock seat.

Any suggestions on brake lights or anything else? I don't want to pay $100 for a stupid brake light. All of the old style ones I found I liked where like $100+. I think that's nuts and I want this to be a cheap build and not some yuppie, the more money you spend the better sort of thing.

you could use an led light strip and put it on the fender or use a trailer light and side mount it. what bike are you bobbing out? it would be interesting to see the ninja light but with a little bobbed fender i like the light strip because they can be integrated with turns also i like the set up. this guy has some good products and i will be getting one for the front of my bike soon and he his a good guy who is on one of the other forums.
    http://www.ledbikelights.net/
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

I like those LED lights

Thanks man! I'm bobbing out my Drifter.
    I really like those lights you posted but they won't really fit my bike. I'm going with a skinny 6" rear fender and those look like they are for 9.5" fenders.

I'm thinking this light might work well. Even has a glass for the license plate. Now I just need to figure out where I want it mounted and how I'm going to make the bracket.
    http://www.etrailer.com/pc-TTL~43200...utm_medium=ppc

Are you talking an older rectangular taillight? I like the half fender/LED look myself

Quote Originally Posted by vortech302 View Post
    Are you talking an older rectangular taillight? I like the half fender/LED look myself
    I posted a link to the light I'm probably going to get. It's a trailer light. $4.95, can't beat that. LOL And it'll have that old school look to it I think.

Put my stock seat on eBay today and had it sold in an hour. So I'm going to order the new seat this week. Now all that's really left to do is the brake light and fender.

good deal....the light on my bike i payed forty for wish i would have found that...i drove all over town and couldnt find a round one...ive been putting off making my seat lately and one i do im going to chop my back fender about five inches then over the winter im going to put a vtx rim on so i can get a 200 tire on and at the same time change the rear sprocket and chain..... cant wait to see what the bike looks like when its done....you could probably get some good money for the drifter fenders too
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Quote Originally Posted by rugby66x View Post
    good deal....the light on my bike i payed forty for wish i would have found that...i drove all over town and couldnt find a round one...ive been putting off making my seat lately and one i do im going to chop my back fender about five inches then over the winter im going to put a vtx rim on so i can get a 200 tire on and at the same time change the rear sprocket and chain..... cant wait to see what the bike looks like when its done....you could probably get some good money for the drifter fenders too
    That was a good deal though! I wanted one just like yours but could only find them for like $99 with the licence plate bracket and all.

Yeah, the front fender sold like 2 months ago. The rear I've been trying to sell on ebay but decided I'm going to try and use the stock turns and then sell the fender and brake light separate I think.

Here's the seats I'll be using:
    http://www.larosadesign.us/index.php?cPath=23

I think I'm going to go with black leather with the Maltese cross on the seat. Sort of go with the site logo.