Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Semi Private Track day this Sunday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Semi Private Track day this Sunday

This Day Is Sponsored by BMW of Suth East Michigan but ALL MAKES ARE WELCOMED.
    • Sunday, September 27

• Sportbike Track Time is providing the support staff

• This is a perfect opportunity to do your first track day or practice your skills

• *September is one of the best months ride in the Midwest!

• $150 for the day including lunch and instruction!

They only have about 15 riders so far!
    So if you want 30 minute sessions and clear and clean track this is your event!!

Call BMW of SE Michigan and sign up today Phone: 734-981-1479
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

I should take the ultra! How funny would that be!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

that would be sweet
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

$150? Holy crap!

That's enough to buy a 3-pack of 1/4" chrome nuts for the Harley....

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Yeah, $150 is pricey, but you get a track for 3.5 hours of ride time and its the only place you can (or I can) go full throttle without worrying about tickets, traffic etc. And these "private" events normally have less people, means less traffic on the track and less DBs with small cocks trying to show off.

So, I'm off this morning!!! Woot! Track days are like the school trip were for kids.

Grattan here I come!

how did it go? did you have fun
    2008 DRZ 400SM

It was awesome!!!

Rode Int/Advanced for the first half of the day... but that Grattan straight on the SM is not fun... at my best I was running low 1:40s, high 1:30s. the fast guys on the Int/Adv run low 1:20s... Most of them ran 1:35s.

When you top out at 95mph on the 150MPH straight, it makes a diff... I was getting buzzed big time on that straight... making up lost time on the tight parts.

Switched to novice in the afternoon and was lapping people... so no middle ground. They should have the 3 levels... I was middle of the pack in int/advanced and with 20mph more could have been at least 3-5 seconds faster and up there with the top 80% of the fast guys...

On a regular day, I could have kept up with most intermediate guys when running 95% plus... but some AMA locals were there and holy crap are they fast!!!

Got passed by one of them coming into one and we both dove in, no brakes... dragged my peg but made the exit... he looked back and was SHOCKED when he saw me there... haha. I earned some respect points... then he checked out on me once the turns were done and straight road was available.

Won a E (offroad/larger) header for the DRZ or E-Gay, ordering the Jet Kit today also and will be opening up the air box intake... that should kick me up to more torque and HP, better powering out of corners along with throttle response.

Also, I'm done with the track for the year. My race tires have over 1000 miles on them and 120 hard ridden track miles... along with about 35+ heat cycles... so, they are cooked... the Dunlops stockers are going back... so back to riding gingerly until I get my Distanzas over the winter. Maybe I can practice my wheelies or do an SM day where high speed sidewall grip is not as critical as a road course. Can you see I don't trust Dunlop 208s?

Pics coming soon... still on the camera.

I used my 208 on the track but it was at autocity last Nov. Now I have a PP on the back and can't afford the 40 bucks to go hit a sm day
    2008 DRZ 400SM

Yeah... a 208 will hold at Autocity, but at Grattan, you need better grip. Gary, when are we riding?

I would like to say soon but the next month of weekends i am busy and I have school monday and wedensday nights. But i do take three days off a month during the week due to 14% days i have to take. So if you can tell me a day i can most likely get it off.
    2008 DRZ 400SM