Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! My Kawasaki Knocks

Default Re: HELP! My Kawasaki Knocks

I have done that and to me it sounds like it coming from the top of the engine where the rocker arms would be.

Do you have a service manual for it? Helms? Clymers? Etc?

There is almost 21,000 miles on it I have change the oil awhile back thinking maybe it was low on oil but that wasn't it still ticked. I live in Charlotte about south west of Lansing.

I have the haynes service Manual on my computer.* that I found online.*

Here is a short video of how my motor sounds. Listen and tell me want you think is wrong with it.* Thanks

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/pp34 ... 0_1101.flv

did you adjust the cam chain tensioner? what about a tuneup??do you have a manual to set the clearances on the valves??? and how many miles on the bike
    william

I did not adjust the cam Chain,* I do have a service manual.* I tried to adjust to valves, But I'm no mechanic.* Just tried to do what the book told me what to do.* First time with feeler guage.* Not sure if I did it right or not.* I have 21000 miles on the bike.*

maybe someone stays close by and wouldn't mind giving you a hand,can you let us know where you are?
    william

The cam chain tensioner should be "automatic", however, it is possible for some reason it's not keeping tension on the chain.

My bike, the 750 is notorious for ACCT problems, especially on the front cylinder, due to it's mounting position it doesn't get/hold much lube and tends to get stuck or the spring breaks and it won't keep the chain tight like it should, so then the engine gets loud, similar to a knocking noise.

Now my 750 v-twin is nothing like this 500 inline twin, (obviously), but I'm sure yours uses a chain tensioner of some sort that's worth looking at.

There are several Kawaski specific message boards-find one that has a 500 vulcan forum, and do a search. See if there's a common issue with that bike.

I'm not sure on Kawis, but it sounds like it might need a valve a adjustment.
    Just my 2 cents.
    04 Suzuki GSX750F KATANA
    Wide open till you see God............then Brake