Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Make 2 wheel Michigan Great again !

"The Milwaukee-based motorcycle maker will close its factory in Kansas City, Missouri, and consolidate production in York, Pennsylvania, according to a statement Tuesday. The restructuring will eliminate about 260 U.S. jobs. "
    "On Tuesday, during a routine earnings call, Harley-Davidson Inc. announced it will produce an all-electric motorcycle."
    They are probably still wondering where the business went. I hope it dawns on them that forcing all the small mom and pop dealerships they forced out would have been easier to sustain.

Yeah I myself can't stand much of the big shiny snazzy dealership crap. It usually just means more quantity and less quality of service.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Destination dealerships were a stupid idea. Giant buildings and staff causing huge operating costs. I know they make a lot of money on tee shirts, but WTF.

The only really cool dealership I have been to is Ray Price in Raleigh NC. Ray is a drag racing legend and has quite a display of his life in there. He was still racing and was at the dealership the day I stopped in. Really cool experience.

Buddy Stubs in Phoenix has a museum and a few other things, but still the six flags over Harley theme. The quality of their clothing is down and the price is up. Not any fun to go to the harley dealer anymore.

Jim

Tacumseh and Cement City are nice HD dealers. IMO the best ones in SE Michigan.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

My friend bought a bike from CC. His decision was purely based on price. I think they have gotten in trouble for pricing. An old tymer told me he thought the future of Harley was going to be built to order bikes and he may see it come to fruition.

From the "they bumped their head" file.
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/m...487593554.html

WOW, just wow.....

who's riding this weekend ?

Quote Originally Posted by horrorbusiness View Post
    who's riding this weekend ?
    I am unfortunately it's a snowblower!