Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2017 adventures

I gotta stretch my legs, 200 miles is all I need. The 2.2 Sportsters would piss me off, but I don't mind stopping every couple of hours. Never wanted to do an Iron Butt though. I can't even sit in a car for 400 miles!

Quote Originally Posted by sprink View Post
    I gotta stretch my legs, 200 miles is all I need. The 2.2 Sportsters would piss me off, but I don't mind stopping every couple of hours. Never wanted to do an Iron Butt though. I can't even sit in a car for 400 miles!
    I've done four iron butt rides so far and didn't have the fuel cell on three of them. for more the usual riding I do I stop when I want to stop it just means I don't always need gas when I stop. the 7.7 gallon thank is good for about three hundred miles, I left home for mackinaw a few years ago and stopped in holly cause I was ready to get off the bike. on the way to old mans cave the group leader ran one guy out of gas, we siphoned some gas out of the fuel cell to get him to the next gas station
    william

Quote Originally Posted by detdrbuzzard View Post
    the wing hold about 6.2 gallons and I almost ran out of gas a couple of times! the mighty ST 1300 will get you close to 300 miles on the 7.7 gallon tank, over 400 miles with the fuel cell
    WOW

Quote Originally Posted by sprink View Post
    I'm with Sprink. 200 miles is plenty... fill gas, empty Blatter, and stretch legs
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

well I did my first iron butt ride because I was challenged by couzinjeff. after doing the first one ( lake superior ) I was done but got talked into doing the second IBA ride ( lower great lakes, erie and Ontario ), somewhere out on the ride I decided to get a cert for each of the individual great lakes IBA ride which only left lakes huron and Michigan. I have them all now so if I never do another one I'm ok with that but I would like to do an all Canadian IBA ride and I would like to do a bun burner gold 1500 just to have the patches
    william

The IBA's are inherently not safe but many find them cool. Shit I don't even want to do 1000+ miles in my truck at once, unless I can sleep during some of it.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    The IBA's are inherently not safe but many find them cool. Shit I don't even want to do 1000+ miles in my truck at once, unless I can sleep during some of it.
    I usually run 80 - 85 mph doing an IBA ride which puts me on pace to finish in about 19 hours so I do have time to take a nap and finish on time
    william

and I forgot about dave olson, he did the lake superior IBA ride last june on a Honda forza 300 scooter
    william

Default My M22 Trip

IMG_20170824_095454.jpgIMG_20170823_185807.jpg
    Heres a couple I took from my traverse city ride back in september

Got to love camping off the motorcycle.... I know I do!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Yeah I almost rented a cabin but I figured one last time.I gave them the tent when I left.