Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SeaFoam for winter storage, ruff running, and so much more

Arrow SeaFoam for winter storage, ruff running, and so much more

SeaFoam
    A garage must have if you ask me. This stuff is just amazing. I would call "snake oil" if I haven't used it myself and know many others who have done the same.

How To Vid
    Sea Foam Usage Video

I have been using it in my bikes for a few years now instead of stabil. This stuff WORKS!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Stabil sucks. This winter I'm completely draining the gas out of my tank and carb before storing it. Last year I used Stabil and it clogged up my carb anyway.

I have to go to the store this week and get some Sea Foam for a new/used car I just got. It runs smooth but I think there might be some carbon build up. I run it through the vacuum line and intake as well.

I'm trying to Seafoam my exe's pilot jets clean on that Ninja 250 before resorting to taking it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by vortech302 View Post
    I'm trying to Seafoam my exe's pilot jets clean on that Ninja 250 before resorting to taking it apart.
    For unclogging the carb I feel that Gumout works much better. I like Sea Foam for cleaning vacuum lines, carbon build up, and for winterizing. I've found running Gumout through the tank works better for clogged carbs.

Once the clog is gone I think Sea Foam does a good job at keeping it all clean.

Chris:

Application rates for fuel say "Average 1 oz. per gallon". Would you recommend I go a little more for the initial clean out, or leave it at that?

I can't view the videos. For some reason I can't get Flash to load onto my machine. I've been fighting it for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Chris:

Application rates for fuel say "Average 1 oz. per gallon". Would you recommend I go a little more for the initial clean out, or leave it at that?

I can't view the videos. For some reason I can't get Flash to load onto my machine. I've been fighting it for a few months.
    Try youtube...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D11ZVYwj62w
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhPsL...eature=related

I would go double that. Do this... put it in the gas tank, ride to gas station and fill up.

Could also, pull off the gas tank line open the carb drain... once the gas is drained.. pour the seafoam into the carb via the line till you see it draining... close carb drain and let it soak.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Did you seafoam your bike this winter?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Chris:

yeah you can go more for cleaning out.....I have a 4.4 gallon tank on my scoot and I put in 5-6 oz.
    I have been using SeaFoam for a couple of years now....since Chris put up the first post on this on the other site....I use it in my snowmobile...4 wheeler...lawn mower etc.... good shit!

Why not use Seafoam over standard Stabil? It stabalizes the petro but has the added cleaners n shit in it. Just makes sense!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

I would agree, Seafoam rocks. Been using it for a few years now. Works on everything from car to snowblower to bike to lawn mower.