Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A poem my daughter wrote

Default A poem my daughter wrote

January 10th of this year my wife of 19 years lost her battle with cancer. My family is doing well and looking towards our future because that's what Cindy wanted and that's just how we're made. Anyhow I wanted to share this poem my daughter wrote while sitting with her mother on her last few days. Gasman, you told me how you feel about cancer and I know you've seen this. She captured it perfectly. Hannah read this at the end of the night at Cindy's funeral and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. It was a powerful moment and I was so proud she was able to articulate this in such a beautiful but painful way. So here it is.

"The finality of death lacks the finesse featured in film. It's not tragic; not tender; not tangible.
    Death isn't one last breath, a squeeze of your lover's hand, and a whisper of I love you.
    Death is months of endless chemo ticking away at your spirited soul.
    Death is watching your complexion fade from a beautiful shade of living to the sick hues of the end.
    Your lips thinning, so that they don't fit with your soulmate's quite the way they did when you were young.
    Your veins protruding, bones prevalent, body porcelain.
    There's an art to dying,
    Yes,
    But not a beautiful one.
    There's an art to fading, to losing yourself, to reaching life's boundaries.
    An art only experienced when the time of your departure nears."
    Hannah Yamuni.
    My current and previous rides.
    1984 Honda Ascot 500 rode for 3 months
    2001 Honda Shadow 750 7 years and 60,000 miles
    2007 Suzuki M109R 18 months and 17,000 miles
    2008 Kawasaki Concours 6 years and 70,000 miles
    2008 Yamaha Raider purchased March 10,2015

Amazing girl you have there. You have done well. Sorry to hear about your wife, but glad your family is strong.

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you.

Sorry for your loss man

Terrible thing losing a wife and a mom like this . Have Faith ! Prayers are with your family.

Your daughters poem brings tears to my eyes Marco. I feel for you and your family.

I hate cancer with a passion. My father would have been 67 three days ago; but instead it's been nearly 8 years without him.

Lucky for you, you have a piece of your beautiful wife, inside each of your beautiful little girls. They whether this storm from a different point of view than yours but they will continue to grow and you will see how they shape into young women their mother will be proud of. As they get older, you will see these pieces of your bride that you fell in love with. This will bring a smile and a tear to your life.

Lucky for them, they have a strong and loving father. One that is even more dedicated to them. A father that will treat them like a princess so that they know they are loved but also, unknowingly, shaping what they will expect from a man that will one day will call them their bride.

This is life's circle, life's blanket we wrap ourselves in, and love is the thread holding it all together.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Well said and thank you. That's exactly how I viewed the entire death. They saw me taking care of her, they helped take care of her, they got up in the middle of the night to help us. They saw what a husband does, they saw what a mom does, they saw her courage, they saw their own strength and know full well what they are capable of. I'm proud of them and how they handled this. We miss her dearly, speak of her often and like to remember the good times. Hannah was actually with her when she passed. I left for a few hours, I asked her if she'd be ok if it happened while I was gone and she was. When I came home Hannah was sitting there holding her hand. I asked if she was gone and Hannah nodded. She came over and hugged me. I told her she was the chosen one, I was with my mom when she passed. I always felt chosen and I told Hannah she should be proud. So many people coming and going and it was just Hannah and her mom. Cindy always explained Hannah as an old soul, there was a certain bond. Our other daughter Erin was always the baby and still is. It was a bad time but it was special for the three of us. I'm glad she passed at home, it was rough but I wouldn't have it any other way.
    This was Cindy's bluebird of happiness that she had on the front window of our house. Now it's in my arm for the rest of my life to remind me to be happy.
    http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...psuc7i8qlj.jpg
    and since I feel like my family was partially destroyed back in January here is my Phoenix to show we will rise from the ashes.
    http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...psdiuxlicp.jpg
    Last edited by ChefC14; 03-12-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Now If there is a way, Cindy will haunt me for this, here is Hannah's tattoo. This is a few words from a note Cindy wrote her. The artist did the tatt in Cindy's writing, Hannah loves it. When the kids were little they would say,"I love you the much." That turned into a thing in our home and was said often.
    http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...pswuvjzzox.jpg

That's precious Marco. You will have very strong daughters that will turn into strong women. You must be very proud of them.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"