Thread: Daytona: some kinda biker thingie going on this weekend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Daytona: some kinda biker thingie going on this weekend

Rode down a couple weeks ago, Palm Coast, Florida, latest grandchild, Sophie, born Valentine's Day. Anyhow, seems to be some kinda biker thingie going on in Daytona? Anyone coming down for it?
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

Congrats on the new addition to the family Paul !

Cool Paul! Na...I wont be able to make Bike Week...but if your there, have a good time!

Congrats on the new family member.

I'm not coming down this year.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Well, I went down there in February, was 20F when departed, and packed for a week. Ended up staying four months, the weather really sucked back here, was 70-80's every day down there with blue skies. Did have to return home for Estate business then back on the road for a Sportster Meet n Greet in W. Virginia, except I went there via Lake Havasu, Arizona. Guess it ended up about 4,500 miles to get to Canaan Village, about 500 miles away! Since getting this bike from Greg 15 months ago I have managed about 28,000 miles and touched on 22 States, not bad for a "girls" bike, eh?
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

Biketoberfest

Well I guess Paul is now as tough as a pussy. Those things take a pounding, spit out watermelons and still bounce back and desired by many.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Not sure about the tough part, went down in Ohio got to spend time in a Trauma Center. Concussion, separated shoulder, broken ribs and multiple contusions, really sucks. Don't bounce like I used to and the healing takes forever, getting old sucks. Bike not to bad, hope to be up and running in a week or two, if I can get the shoulder to work right, LOL!