Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnabit View Post
    Damn, I just installed the Harley lowered air shocks I picked up on eBay. I was having a hard time flatfooting the bike. What size shocks are those Chris?
    Dag, if you don't end up taking them, I might give them a shot.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Dag, if you don't end up taking them, I might give them a shot.
    Let me ask Chris if they are the 12 inch or 13. Don't really want the taller ones,. I was having hard time parking and manuevering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnabit View Post
    Let me ask Chris if they are the 12 inch or 13. Don't really want the taller ones,. I was having hard time parking and manuevering.
    Sounds good. Here's the thing: I'm not aware that I have any problems with the stock shocks, but with all the "I was blind and now I can see" chatter, I feel like I need to try *something*. A lot of people say they didnt know how bad they had it until they got something different.

I'd guess Chris has the 12" ones. I wouldnt be interested in going lower, I'm flat footed now on the stock RG shocks, and I had 12" stock shocks on my Road King, which I can tell you were indeed horrible (for me anyway).

The other thing we'd want to know is: heavy duty or standard.

Chris?
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

I think they call them 13" with a static of 12". But I remember them as basically a lowering spring. They will sit like a 12" but suppose to have 13 of travel. Dan you have my cell. HMU if you want them.

Chris I don't have your number for some reason. Can you message me your cell and I'll text you when I get a minute. At the tigers game tonight so probably tomorrow

I heard that progressive usually has a sale around christmas?also in their catalog their asking me to pick 11 or 12 is that just a taller shock?

Yeah it's like the Harley's. The street glide is lower than the ultra so it has a shorter shock.