Thread: Riders Down

Default Riders Down

Does anyone have any info on the two riders that went down today, Sunday (7/24), on southbound US-127 between Shepherd and Mt. Pleasant? As I was approaching, heading northbound, I saw it unfolding and it didn't look good. I was about 1/4 mile away and saw them go down in heavy traffic as they were approaching the turn before the Shepherd exit. I'm sure praying for those two.

I haven't seen anything yet... probably will see it on FB sooner than anywhere else...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I haven't seen anything yet... probably will see it on FB sooner than anywhere else...
    That's what I figured but I haven't seen anything yet. I appreciate you looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by cal2050 View Post
    That's what I figured but I haven't seen anything yet. I appreciate you looking into it.
    Curious, did you see any indication as to why they went down?
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Curious, did you see any indication as to why they went down?
    Not totally sure but here's what I saw. I had just entered US-127 from the Shepherd exit and I was heading north with the fam. It was just starting to rain but it was more of a sprinkle so my experience would lead me to believe that it was starting to get slick with oil rising to the surface of the road. The southbound traffic was heavy, especially coming around that turn just before the Shepherd exit, if you're familiar with the area. For some reason, as the southbound traffic was rounding that turn, my eyes were drawn over to the approaching bike(s) as traffic was light on my side and I didn't have a vehicle in front of me or near me. I saw the bikes headlights in the outside lane and it looked like he was trying to merge in to the inside lane. As he was merging I saw a disruption in the light, which didn't seem right. The next thing I knew, I saw his full dresser spin around and do a 720 before it laid down. I couldn't believe I was actually seeing that and was freaked due to the amount of traffic and there was an F150 right behind him that I thought was going to run him over. Within seconds I had gotten up to the accident and I saw the guy on the full dresser laying on his back with no helmet laying motionless. That guy had salt and pepper hair, a goatee, and looked to be about 250 lbs. From near the front of the cars I saw another biker crawling on his hands and knees towards his buddy laying on the ground. This guy had a long black ponytail and a slim build.

It happened so quick that I wasn't sure exactly what happened. I wanted to stop to help but there were a ton of cars coming and I was on the other side of the highway with my wife, kids, and dog so I figured I may get hit by gawkers if I were to stop. I asked my wife if that was a guy crawling or if it was a woman. We both believed it was a guy so that lead me believe there were 2 bikes, although I couldn't tell you what the other bike was. Because of that, I thought it may have been possible it was a couple riding on that dresser. I believe I saw 2 bikes down, one in each lane, so I wasn't sure if one of the riders clipped the other riders rear wheel or if a vehicle clipped it. From where I was coming from, it looked like someone performed a pit maneuver on that bike by the way it spun. My wife said neither guy was wearing a helmet and I told her they could have flown off upon impact even if they were.

The one thing that surprised me was how fast the cars behind them all stopped because it could have been ugly. I don't believe either one got ran over which was a huge relief. Either way, it was a scary situation and one that I hope has a good outcome as I haven't read anything about it in the local papers.

never did find anything out about this looked 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by leebo View Post
    never did find anything out about this looked 3 times.
    I didn't either. I looked at all of the local sources and found nothing. I contacted 2 of the local papers and neither one had anything. One paper did say that the local sheriff and state troopers are good about sharing info and if they hadn't heard about it, it probably wasn't as bad as if looked....translation...if it bleeds, it reads.