Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service Shop

Default Service Shop

Hi all, I might need some work done on my Sportster, I live in Dearborn Heights, and was wondering what shops to stay away from and which ones you like and why.

Others may chime in, but I'm not aware of anything near dearborn. I think the downriver folks are familiar with 333 Performance in Taylor (https://www.facebook.com/333PerformanceLLC), and of course Biker Bobs. A lot of shops have closed, like Bishops in Redford, but they've been gone a while now.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

I bought a set of Dunlop American Elite's and had Shawn at 333 Performance mount and install the tires for me for $140 a couple weeks ago....he also put on some new brake pads for the rear....they do good work! and I have heard a lot of good feedback from other people also about them.

I have had work done at 333 before, was good but got a strange vibe from him. Took it there last Fri. cause of some issues I was having, and he really tried hard to broom me out the door. Now he did tell me how busy he was and how short handed he was( and he told me the story Why he was short handed) and I can understand why he didn't want to take on my bike, without a appointment. he did spend some time on it right then and there put new plugs in it, and we talked about why I might be having the issue I was having. and I had just put new ngk's in it before the issue showed the day before the blessing of the bikes in Mt. C.. Im really Not knocking the guy I would go back there even tho I still got that weird vibe from him(my son was with me who does counter sales felt the vibe too) he is busy and I would like other option's available thats all.

Dealerships only as a LAST resort.
    Last edited by Rasher; 05-06-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    I have had work done at 333 before, was good but got a strange vibe from him. Took it there last Fri. cause of some issues I was having, and he really tried hard to broom me out the door. Now he did tell me how busy he was and how short handed he was( and he told me the story Why he was short handed) and I can understand why he didn't want to take on my bike, without a appointment. he did spend some time on it right then and there put new plugs in it, and we talked about why I might be having the issue I was having. and I had just put new ngk's in it before the issue showed the day before the blessing of the bikes in Mt. C.. Im really Not knocking the guy I would go back there even tho I still got that weird vibe from him(my son was with me who does counter sales felt the vibe too) he is busy and I would like other option's available thats all.

I'd have to think that at this time of year, any shop worth a damn is going to be slammed. If they're standing around and taking walk-ins, I'd have to wonder.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

I never got that vibe when Moe and I were there a couple weeks ago. He told us also why he is short handed. Moe and I got there about 5 minutes before he opened...I pulled my bike to the gate and he opened it up as soon as I got there. We talked to him for a few and I told him I was in no hurry....they called me when my bike was ready...when we got there to pick it up...talked to him again. he was cool with us...

He was cool with me too, every time I have been there, I'm really not knocking the guy even tho it does kinda sound that way. I just get the vibe from this convo with him and other's I've had with him he prefers "BIG" bikes to sportster's thats all. I thought about a big bore kit when I first got it and basically told me I would be wasting my money, that I should put that money into a dyna instead.

But I will say he did check my problem out on the spot, listened to my concerns, put NEW plugs in-even tho I had just did that too, mine had less than 100 miles on them, Bad plug bad gas who knows seems to be running good now. spent some time with me explaining why Amsoil is BAD JUJU for harleys. I did pick up an oil change set from him.

He spent some time with me explaining why Amsoil is BAD JUJU for harleys. I did pick up an oil change set from him.
    Everyone has an oil opinion. Many of the guys on this forum love AMSOIL and use it in all 3 holes. Some are dino guys. Some just don't care all that much.

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you out on the road soon. Looks like spring has finally arrived in MI.
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Maybe the bigger bikes deliver him bigger pay. Not sure. Interesting though.

And as Al said. Oil debate is a classic one that will never end. I just say. Oil is way cheaper than parts so change it frequently. I do Amsoil and 5k per change.

I started using Castrol in the 70s never switched.