Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motion Pro Fill Air Chuck

Lightbulb Motion Pro Fill Air Chuck

This is getting added to my list of weird tool wants.
    http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0602

What do you think?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Or, just have angled valve stems installed when you change tires........

I'm with Sprink. One may be able to fill their tire but how does one check the tire pressure with Motionpro

Please owl. Answer your own question.

For me I have a round HD gauge that has an angle head on it.

How often do you check your tire pressure gauge for proper calibration? Most tire pressure gauge are not accurate and will change if dropped or bumped. I have no less than a dozen tire pressure gauge and only 2 of them are close to accurate and consistent. I think tires are an important piece of the vehicles we operate and the most neglected part of our vehicles. The motionpro inflator is cool, but I think more attention to proper pressure is the key to tire safety.

I check my pressure every ride if it's been about a week since I've rode. If I'm out every day I check less often but still fairly frequently but I feel like I can notice when it starts to get low. I've got a gauge on the air compressor and then I double check with my little gauge I carry in the bike.

I think this tool would be nice to have since I don't have 90 degree stems and make it easier to fill up if I'm on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    How often do you check your tire pressure gauge for proper calibration? Most tire pressure gauge are not accurate and will change if dropped or bumped. I have no less than a dozen tire pressure gauge and only 2 of them are close to accurate and consistent. I think tires are an important piece of the vehicles we operate and the most neglected part of our vehicles. The motionpro inflator is cool, but I think more attention to proper pressure is the key to tire safety.

I have checked it against the digital hand gauges or against the digital readers in the car.

Stick gauges are the worst. Digitals unless you pay for a good one, are horrible when they are cheap. Get a good round gauge with a rubber bumper around it. HD makes a nice one with a tread depth gauge.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

you could get a 90* valve extension, I use one on my 1200 wing when filling the tires and remove it when I'm done
    william

I check my tires about once a month I got about half a dozen gauges If they dont say 32 lbs i toss em till I find one that does!

Mine will be here Monday UPS. This is a must with anyone who has the newer spoke wheels