Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Man's 2016 Mod Season

Default Gas Man's 2016 Mod Season

Well I was going to do the Gas Man proposed 2016 motor build however, after I spent all that money on the 1996 Searay Bow Rider 260, I was still going to but decided that wasn't financially responsible. So i'm shifting gears... I will order my motor parts just after summer and do the build in Nov/Dec. We don't ride much in those months but it's way nicer outside than now. But of course the real big reason is I will have my money right then...

So into this... things I was going to put off due to the motor build and are far less expensive...

I already ordered and have on hand...

• The Baker Compensator sprocket will be installed.
    • The Skully Customs air ride that I spurred everyone else to install.

On order...

1. I ordered from Hale's HD; every seal/gasket & bolts for the inner primary and the trans shifter shaft seal. Nate and a few others have had shifter shaft seal leaks and in order to do that I need the other inner primary stuff. I'm considering this PM.
    2. From Hale's also; I have also ordered a nice front engine stabilizer link.
    3. I'm sending my HK head unit out for low level pre-outs installed.
    4. Ordered some BIG sound upgrades. The ARC audio 600.4 amp for sure. Then my audio guy and I are going back n forth between a set of Focal and Hybrids.
    5. Due to the air ride switch, I ordered a few new RAM mounting pieces to move around my GPS and cell phone mounts.

So not a huge year on the bike but another $2500 mod season, which is my norm.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Yesterday I got started.

Uninstalled my Hogtunes amp, Infinity Kappa speakers, and the HK radio.

Then I got to work on the rear suspension. The "old" Progressive's about to be removed.

The new Skully Custom's on deck for installation.

The pump is almost cute and super hidden.

Getting the shocks themselves installed

This is the right/exhaust side

Today I'm planning on finishing up the air ride install and get that running. Maybe get into the primary...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Sweet! going with a set up like Tom?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger Dave View Post
    Sweet! going with a set up like Tom?
    Similar but better.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Got the 4-way and dump valve installed and wired.

The little air pump is hidden very well.

All the way up @ 17"

All the way down @ 12"

Demo with narrative

Just demo
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Financial responsibility? What the hell is that?
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Nice write up and vide G..... looks good. I see your 4way and dump valve went under your side cover.
    So as far as your speakers go, are you talking about the Focal vs. the Hybrid LAGATIA ? From what I understand the Lagatia is the cats ass of speakers. Post up what you decide.

I like that Skully set up, the switch is clean and easy to use by the looks of it. Pump mount looks good and kleen too.

I need to mount a pump in my 08 I'm planning on removing my ABS unit and putting it there. I dont like my ABS breaking system.
    Not for air ride although air shifter with a tank reservoir.
    Have you seen what his mount looks like for the 08 and later frames? Same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Financial responsibility? What the hell is that?
    Well I'm trying something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Nice write up and vide G..... looks good. I see your 4way and dump valve went under your side cover.
    So as far as your speakers go, are you talking about the Focal vs. the Hybrid LAGATIA ? From what I understand the Lagatia is the cats ass of speakers. Post up what you decide.
    Yeah I did... where did you put your 4-way?

The Lagatia is a combo set... Lagatia woofer but the Clarus tweeter. Reason being the Lagatia tweeter is a soft dome which sound great in a car but don't transfer sound as well as the metal dome of the Clarus tweeter on a motorcycle. Or the Focals.... I'm letting my audio guy do some research. I have time as I'm just getting around to sending out my HK radio for mod.

Quote Originally Posted by GaugeMods View Post
    I like that Skully set up, the switch is clean and easy to use by the looks of it. Pump mount looks good and kleen too.

I need to mount a pump in my 08 I'm planning on removing my ABS unit and putting it there. I dont like my ABS breaking system.
    Not for air ride although air shifter with a tank reservoir.
    Have you seen what his mount looks like for the 08 and later frames? Same thing?
    It is a clean setup.

Don't like your ABS? That's crazy man, that's one of my favorite attributes on my bike!!

I'm not sure about your 08.... I suggest you message Rodney at Skully on FB or contact him on his phone. He'll get right back to you.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

So I moved my mounts around due to the air ride switch. That got me thinking... I use the phone on my bike EVERY time I ride. I sometimes use my GPS... so I flipped them from side to side. I ordered a bunch of parts from RAM mounts (using Amazon and my Prime account, better price point and free two day which delivered them on Sunday).

There are two types of mounts, I ordered both.

• The mount that can also go to your same hand controls 2 bolt or on the bar... this mount's ball is on top.
    • The other mount is just for the bars and this mount's ball is out the side.

So I went with the side bar mount.

Left/phone side

Right/GPS side

BAM

What I always love about the RAM mounts is their infinite adjustability!!

Got the radio boxed up and ready to send off. Waiting on the primary seals/gaskets to tear into that...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"