Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Home brewed coffee

I got a similar press and an aeropress. Also bought a Cuisineart burr grinder and a hand grinder. I am planning for camping and home brewing. The Aero Press uses a lot of coffee for one cup, but was good. Gotta heat the cup or something as the finished product was not hot enough (and the power went out so I couldn't warm it in the microwave). Electric grind and french press tomorrow.......

Found we have a roaster here in Ferndale, so I picked up 1/2 pound of beans roasted today. Something Brazilian.

Wish me luck!

That's cool. I had a guy at work that roasted his own beans. He said it was the only way to go.

I was a coffee whore for a long time I started grinding in about 1990 and have been grinding ever since until recently. In Steamboat we had a local coffee shop that roasted everyday I was addicted to their fine coffees since leaving there I buy store bought beans. The best I found in Michigan was Hilliards I use the Bunn coffee maker now but I also have an electric expresso maker the old fashioned Italian expresso maker the metal ones they're great for camping as well and the old French press but you can't find fresh beans in the grocery stores around here.

Here's an article on the subject. I'm no coffee snob, but saw this and thought you would-be baristas might want to read it.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...s=AUDDEVREMARK
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

I grind and brew with the french press on the weekend. It takes a while, the grinder is noisy as hell, and have to drink the coffee now. I grind by hand and aeropress anytime I make just a cup for me. It is great, easy and not too time consuming. Loving the good stuff! Now to find decent coffee at a reasonable price!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra AL View Post
    Here's an article on the subject. I'm no coffee snob, but saw this and thought you would-be baristas might want to read it.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...s=AUDDEVREMARK
    Some expensive coffee makers in that article... I'd be damn hard pressed to spend that kind of coin...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Now I want coffee. DMF.