Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Home brewed coffee

Default Home brewed coffee

I know there are some coffee snobs on here. Where do you buy coffee beans? Do you use a French Press or just drip it? Hand grinder or expensive electric burr grinder? Do you take time to make it right every morning before work or slum it like me with crap coffee?

I buy coffee beans from Meijer's and Bean Central...I buy the whole bean and I have a electric coffee grinder that I bought at Meijer's for like $23...I grind my coffee every morning...it only takes a few seconds...I don't drink crap coffee

I have a blade grinder and used to grind coffee for the drip maker. Guess I got busy or lazy. Figured I'd get back to good coffee but not sure what the best way is.

yeah, my coffee grinder has a blade in it also...and I have a Hamilton Beach coffee maker which is drip.
    I have been grinding my coffee beans and making my coffee this way since Aug. of 2008 when Gas Man's wife made me some coffee that she grinded...I was sold after that! lol

Cool, maybe I just need coffee and not new equipment.

I grind fresh and use a french press. My wife is not a coffee drinker so it works for me. I have my two cups before I go to work and that's it. I don't drink the fire house tar any more.

I was thinking of going that way for the weekend, the grinding doesn't bother me time wise, but heating water and timing the brew with the french press seems daunting for the work day morning.............

We use a large variety of coffee beans here at our house. From Kroger, Bean Central, McCafe, Dunkin, Caribu, etc... grind and brew. We've used cuisinart coffee makers, to Mr. Coffee... right the wife's rocking a $30 cheap Hamilton Beach maker... I really think the greatness is in the coffee not the machine heating it up and dripping it.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

thanks for the input guys!

I got a new bunn for Xmas and love it. Have never ground my own coffee but have been thinking about it. I've always been a big timmies fan so that's what I usually brew. But I just like coffee. I enjoy a French press, crap coffee at the hospital or the Ems station, sometimes flavored cream, sometimes whiskey or baileys at home, the rest of the time black, and some times I'll get a fancy designer drink from a coffee house with a couple shots.