Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New toys

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Damn Sean , Congrats on this !! That home away from home is spectacular. Love the look and actually have been inside your 5th wheel at General RV. Inside is jaw dropping as well, happy for you dude!
    Who was you sales guy at General ?
    Gary Eber was my sales guy at General RV in Brownstown. The RV is absolutely gorgeous inside and we have a lot to learn and get used to working with the thing. I wish it was here at the house so that I could go over it more....but need to widen my parking pad for it by at least 6" preferably a foot. Hmmm, I wonder if I know a guy in the cement biz??? haha No seriously, we need to talk. perhaps a nice stamped concrete "border" to my drive way is in order.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free

I like the stamped idea...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Gary Eber was my sales guy at General RV in Brownstown. The RV is absolutely gorgeous inside and we have a lot to learn and get used to working with the thing. I wish it was here at the house so that I could go over it more....but need to widen my parking pad for it by at least 6" preferably a foot. Hmmm, I wonder if I know a guy in the cement biz??? haha No seriously, we need to talk. perhaps a nice stamped concrete "border" to my drive way is in order.
    Sean, General in Brownstown has treated me second to none. See Rob in parts and Max in service when the time comes. Very helpful no non sense guys.
    What's the total delivery weight on your rig? You remember if the guy that poured your existing drive reinforced it with wire mesh? 4" thick?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    So your parking lot isn't big enough?

Sean, General in Brownstown has treated me second to none. See Rob in parts and Max in service when the time comes. Very helpful no non sense guys.
    What's the total delivery weight on your rig? You remember if the guy that poured your existing drive reinforced it with wire mesh? 4" thick?
    Yeah, Rob is a great guy and has quite a bit of knowledge, unlike some of the other droogs there. He did over charge me for the pin box on the trailer, though, he had me put a deposit on the new pin box and then when I took delivery of the truck and paid for it he charged me the full price. It was an overage of a grand, no small chicken feed mind you. But, he remembered and rectified the situation as soon as I called him on Monday and squared it away, no problems.
    The previous concrete guy did reinforce with mesh and it is 4" thick. I would think though that the "Border" would need to be a bit thicker? Since its not as big to spread the weight? I dunno, I will definitely defer to the professional.

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    So your parking lot isn't big enough?
    HAHA, No, Lance my parking lot is just "That" much too small. Story of every man's life, just needed a few more inches. hahaha
    Caveman

[QUOTE=Caveman;71247]Yeah, Rob is a great guy and has quite a bit of knowledge, unlike some of the other droogs there. He did over charge me for the pin box on the trailer, though, he had me put a deposit on the new pin box and then when I took delivery of the truck and paid for it he charged me the full price. It was an overage of a grand, no small chicken feed mind you. But, he remembered and rectified the situation as soon as I called him on Monday and squared it away, no problems.
    The previous concrete guy did reinforce with mesh and it is 4" thick. I would think though that the "Border" would need to be a bit thicker? Since its not as big to spread the weight? I dunno, I will definitely defer to the professional.

You are correct on not being able to just slap down a small 4" thick border wire mesh or not especially if the weight of the axles are directly on it. I'll see you soon and we can discuss it.
    Last edited by Moesride; 01-13-2016 at 10:22 AM.

You are correct on not being able to just slap down a small 4" thick border wire mesh or not especially if the weight of the axles are directly on it. I'll see you soon and we can discuss it.

Gas Man, wheres the like button?
    Caveman

^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"