Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1996 Searay Bow Rider 260

Default 1996 Searay Bow Rider 260

So last year I got into the boating thing... took the wife's grandpa's old boat and got it going. The 91 Glassport thread

Well that was the bug that bit... I really enjoyed the boat in the high summer heat. I said I would get a bigger, more recreational boat. Keep a budget so I'm not into it for a ton... find a nice 90's boat...

Well I looked at a few, that were either real pieces of shit or crazy expensive... was looking for open bow in the 23' range and deep enough to take the bigger lakes and around $10k... I found this which was a little bigger and a little more money but I got it for an awesome deal!!

Found this one original owner 96 Searay; which was like buying it from an older version of me... great guy and took awesome care of it. Originaly bough when the owner lived on Harson's island and didn't have a trailer. Then when he moved to St Claire river, he bought this amazing 2000 Alum i-beam trailer which he only used for winter storage. The trailer therefore only has like 100 miles on it prior to my purchase... I probably put that on it in my first 8 hours of ownership. LOL Anyway, he kept it hoist stored in the season and trailer stored inside in the winter.

Look at this shine!

Even got a windshield wiper

Crazy clean

It has the Bravo III outboard dual prop setup. But the guy also put on a $2k minkota setup on the outdrive. It has two 80# thrust trollers on it. With the main motor off, you simply advance the throttle on these and steer the boat like normal. It's a sweet setup.

The helm

The Lawrance sonar & chart. It's an older unit but the original owner said it works great.

The original Clarion cassette deck

The walk thru and the head is on the left...

Passenger seat

The rear end seating (pads not there on each side)

The rear seating area. The buckets fold flat for laying out.

The open bow

The entire rear hatch swings up

You find the 7.4L Big Block Mercruiser

2 batteries for the main motor and 2 for the trollers

Comes with complete tonaue covers

The alum i-beam trailer is worth some great money

The thing dwarfs my full size truck

Put it in storage and to extend the life of these 15 year old tires...

The guy didn't really pull the trailer around so he didn't have a spare... I bought a mount and a wheel/tire.

The wife and I are pumped... can't wait for next season....
    Last edited by Gas Man; 12-12-2015 at 12:29 PM.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Nice boat man. And for me the only thing better than owning a boat is a FWB friend with boat.

Put the thread link in for the old boat

link
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    Nice boat man. And for me the only thing better than owning a boat is a FWB friend with boat.
    For sure man... whatever I can do to lure you down homie!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

It was great to go with you to pick up up. Now I can ride to the boat. w0oT!
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Nice boat. A friend of mine had roughly the same boat, but probably late 70's , early 80's version. I was on it in the early 90's. Heavy boat, but nice on the big lakes. We were out on Huron by Grindstone when the weather changed for the worse. Waves were probably 10-12 foot bottom to top, big enough I had to look off the bow to see if anything was in our path. Saw a little 14' aluminum boat maybe 100 yards in front then can't see, then 75 directly in front, then can't see, 50 ok we'll pass behind it, can't see....Rough ride, but I wasn't worried about the Searay.

When will you find time to work ?
    Might as well put the bike up on blocks.
    Glad the force outboard ran good for you they are notorious for dropping a cylinder

Quote Originally Posted by sprink View Post
    Nice boat. A friend of mine had roughly the same boat, but probably late 70's , early 80's version. I was on it in the early 90's. Heavy boat, but nice on the big lakes. We were out on Huron by Grindstone when the weather changed for the worse. Waves were probably 10-12 foot bottom to top, big enough I had to look off the bow to see if anything was in our path. Saw a little 14' aluminum boat maybe 100 yards in front then can't see, then 75 directly in front, then can't see, 50 ok we'll pass behind it, can't see....Rough ride, but I wasn't worried about the Searay.
    Yeah I wanted a heavy boat so it would be good in the big water.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorbusiness View Post
    When will you find time to work ?
    Might as well put the bike up on blocks.
    Glad the force outboard ran good for you they are notorious for dropping a cylinder
    LOL I work hard, so I have to play hard.

Yeah it turned out good, the force is a good motor.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Awesome!! glad you got the deal worked out! Nice boat!!

Mucho nice G ! Congrats. Going to cut into your riding time you know this right.