Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Gas Man proposed 2016 motor build

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    This time please fucking take pics
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/



    Learn about photography: ATP Members

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brownstown, MI
    Posts
    16,613

    Default


  3. #23

    Default

    When's this project start ? I've been doing some looking into my big bore build. I see Woods makes gear drive cams and they are helical cut gears. Now I'm really thinking about them instead of a tensioner up grade.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorbusiness View Post
    When's this project start ? I've been doing some looking into my big bore build. I see Woods makes gear drive cams and they are helical cut gears. Now I'm really thinking about them instead of a tensioner up grade.

    Gear cams can be hard on oil pumps, and they can by noisy. At a minimum you have to be sure your crank runout does not exceed .002
    _________
    Roll away the dew...


  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Gear cams can be hard on oil pumps, and they can by noisy. At a minimum you have to be sure your crank runout does not exceed .002
    the helical cut gears are quiet , think ring and pinion. No more tensioner shoes and free horse power

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brownstown, MI
    Posts
    16,613

    Default

    I'm not planning on starting till after the beginning of the new year.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

    "Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Yale, MI
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Your stock stator is good. No need to upgrade, big amps already. the only way to upgrade it would be to a 3 phase. All those bikes with dual and triple amps are running the stock stator.

    I myself keep mine on a battery tender year around as soon as I get home I put it on, just starting the bike puts it behind and the stator has to catch the battery up.

    As far as the motor goes my best advise is keep it around 117Hp you start going over that and things start to break and more upgrades to handle the additional Hp.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Yale, MI
    Posts
    68

    Default

    I'm going to be using Jim Robinson from Head Hoggers this winter to rework my 110 heads, bronze guides, over sized 2.170 intake and 1.70 exhaust valves, woods springs, titanium retainers, custom oversized CP pistons for my 117", hone cylinders to fit, Woods cams TW 686, he's porting my 58mm TB $2,200.00

    were shooting to pull 250-260Hp outa my motor

    The thing is, Fuel Moto, Drago's Bike Works, they farm their machine work out.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaugeMods View Post
    I'm going to be using Jim Robinson from Head Hoggers this winter to rework my 110 heads, bronze guides, over sized 2.170 intake and 1.70 exhaust valves, woods springs, titanium retainers, custom oversized CP pistons for my 117", hone cylinders to fit, Woods cams TW 686, he's porting my 58mm TB $2,200.00

    were shooting to pull 250-260Hp outa my motor

    The thing is, Fuel Moto, Drago's Bike Works, they farm their machine work out.
    They do, sure, but I can speak for Fuel Moto - they are good kits, tested and tweaked hundreds of times. If you dont want to have all of your pieces parts flung all over, its great one stop shopping and very good results.

    Here's mine with stock heads and true duals.

    _________
    Roll away the dew...


  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Yale, MI
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    They do, sure, but I can speak for Fuel Moto - they are good kits, tested and tweaked hundreds of times. If you dont want to have all of your pieces parts flung all over, its great one stop shopping and very good results.

    Here's mine with stock heads and true duals.

    They're great for sure not trying to take anything from them and their customer support is by far the best I have ever seen. I myself would rather go to the source than deal with a middle man, that and I'm going places they haven't been yet.

    And since ya want to whip out dyno sheets heres mine. Was your bike running on 1 cylinder?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •