Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brighton HD $200 tire deal

Default Brighton HD $200 tire deal

So Kosher told me about the $200 tire deal at Brighton HD. That's installed pricing. I needed a new rear at some point so I decided to make the purchase this week. Called, they still have the deal (will run indefinitely or as long as they can), so I set up an appt....

My out the door was $215. Took them about an hour.

Now for the negative, which I can deal with for the deal.

Their customer service was nill. The service writer I had when I dropped off was basically an ass.

When dropping off the bike he said, "and we'll check your back brakes for you." Which I replied don't bother, I checked them 3 days ago when I serviced the bike."
    So about 30 mins later when I was eating something across the street, the ass writer called me and told me, "the tech checked the rear brakes and they are getting a little thin, it's $99 to have them installed right now." I said no thanks and he said my phone cut out. So I repeated myself and said no thanks I'll look at it later. He just hung up on me. No bye, no thanks, no nothing, just click.

As I walked back across the street the tech was going for a test ride. He gets back, and I check the bike, sure enough, my brake pads look great. This was a classic up-sale tactic. This is how they are going to pay for these "$200 tire jobs".

So would I go back? Sure, it's still a steal of a tire job. But I warn you, they aren't friendly there. Further, be sure to check your brakes and such. Avoid the up-sale.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Its always something with dealers. But it is a screamin deal if you manage to avoid the upselling. MSR on the Agitator rear tire alone (the only tire you can buy for it right now), is $309.

They will do the same deal at Motor City in Farmington as well.

Funny, Motor City ran this same special last fall. When I asked about it for a friend earlier this year, they had to check, when the service writer came back they said they would do it because they would "price match" what Brighton was running.

But Brighton and Motor City are owned by the same person. "Price match", LOL
    Last edited by Kosher; 09-24-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

That's a damn good deal to have done while you eat lunch. Even the 99 for brakes isn't bad since the kit is 60 bucks for the pads alone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    That's a damn good deal to have done while you eat lunch. Even the 99 for brakes isn't bad since the kit is 60 bucks for the pads alone.
    Yeah it is a good deal.

$39 isn't a deal being the caliper is already off and there for it requires only one small allen and a screw driver.

Hell they charge .8 hour for the rear tire but the tech did it in like 25 mins.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

How much to get gum off your gas tank?
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    How much to get gum off your gas tank?

Are you smoking meth again?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Yes. I love meth. My dentist, not so much.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

I have my appointment at Brighton for Thursday, getting both replaced before the start of the season. Originals only have 9k on them and still look pretty good, but since I'm riding two up a bit more and plan on taking some longer trips this summer I figure it's safer not dealing with 7 year old tires. I'll let everyone know how it goes when I get back. They quoted me 460 out the door, still a pretty decent price.

Brighton HD are Butchers! I recommend you take the wheels off your bikes to take in for the rubber change. I would not ever leave my scoot there to be worked on again ever.

You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnabit View Post
    I have my appointment at Brighton for Thursday, getting both replaced before the start of the season. Originals only have 9k on them and still look pretty good, but since I'm riding two up a bit more and plan on taking some longer trips this summer I figure it's safer not dealing with 7 year old tires. I'll let everyone know how it goes when I get back. They quoted me 460 out the door, still a pretty decent price.
    Good deal from the dealership on the OEM Dunlop Dag.... cool !
    Dag...I'm adding this, dawned on me a minute ago. Get with Bagger Dave. He's getting a set of tires installed as well . Better tires than the stock Dunlop and installed Local to you..in Taylor for about the same money.
    Last edited by Moesride; 04-12-2016 at 04:44 PM.