Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Father's Day weekend run around the lake.

I have ridden with one of the guys before, one is my neighbor ( he is renting the soft tail, and has ridden and owned a sportster), one is riding a road king an I have ridden with him several times, and the last one is my buddy who lives in Chicago who bought his road king last summer I haven't ridden bikes with him but have been doing motor sports together with him since 8th grade. My neighbor and I plan to meet my other friend with the road king who lives in north branch at Ray c's on m24 and i69 on Friday morning around 6:45-7:00 am. The boat ride is only two hours dock to dock and saves us all from having to ride thru Chicago. It would be great if you wanted to join us.

We are planning on just taking 69 across to get to the ferry as of right now so the first leg would be some e-way driving at some speed, but the sun will be at our backs at that time of the day. Based on the ferry shedule we should be in Milwakee by 12:30, just in time for lunch.

Gahhh, I need to pay more attention to the forum ... made plans last night and am headed south to Cincinnati for the weekend
    GD
    ----
    It is all stock ... yes it is!

Hello Matt Wells. Are you still planning to ride Fathers Dayweek end? I have three choices for a ride on that date and yours sound the most interesting.

Yes, we are still going. Taking the later ferry on friday though as the morning one is booked up already.

Father's Day weekend run around the lake.
    Friday morning I meetMatt Wells and his neighbor Joe in Oxford. North on M24 to Ray C’s in Lapeerwhere we find Ty.

The four of us are offto Muskegon. We picked up M21 the other side of Flint. Corunna Rd west to GrandRapids. A short blast on I96 to Muskegon and the boat docks.

This is where Scottpicks us up (Scott is Matt’s friend). Scott lives west of Chicago and traileredto Muskegon. It’s time to load the boat. Tie down the bikes and sit back for a2 hour ride across Lake Michigan.

In Milwaukee we leavethe docks and make a quick ride to the Harley museum (someone said “it’s opentill 8:00) Wrong. OK lets get something to eat.

We’re on our way toGreen Bay for the night. Leave early (9:00 ?) Saturday morning along the shoreline going north. Through Escanaba to Gladstone where we get rain. It rainedall the way to St Ignace, across the mighty Mac

and on to Cross Village. FromCross Village down M119 (tunnel of trees) to Leggs Inn for a short break. Nowwe’re on the road to Harbor Springs for dinner.

After a meal it’sthrough Petoskey to Lake Charlevoix. Matt’s in laws have a cottage on the lake,and that’s where we’re staying this evening. Another early start (9:30) Scottand I are ready.

From the cottage inIronton road M66 is us. Through East Jordan, Mancelona, Kalkaska, Lake City,McBain, Marion, Remus (good lunch at the Remus bar), Six Lakes (Scott went westhere), and a few other small towns, then it’s east on M57. All the way acrossand through Chesaning and Clio. M15 in Otisville is where the final four splitup. Down M15 and I’m Home. 975+ miles for me . A great with great people and Iwould do it again.

Thanks for lookin

Jim

Cool pics Jim! glad you guys had a good ride...except for the rain...thanks for sharing

That's great Jim... nice pics. I've enjoyed following your trips on your adventures the last couple years... very cool.

Looks like a great ride.

Which ferry did you use?

Got some POTM material there... be sure to submit in the POTM thread
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

We took the Lake Express high speed Ferry. Book your crossing early.