Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Father's Day weekend run around the lake.

Default Father's Day weekend run around the lake.

So, myself and a couple buddies are planning on a nice little run for Father's Day weekend. We plan on leaving northern Oakland County early Friday morning (6/19) to catch the ferry in Muskegon around 10:30 and take it to Milwakee. Check out the HD museum that afternoon and find a nice dinner and a rest in town that night. Then head north along the shore line and stay in some place in the UP sat. Night, then ride back down to Muskegon area Sun. Either spending then night there or heading back from there that day. We have that Friday and Monday off so we have some wiggle room for bad weather or just need a break from the saddle. No reservations have been made as of yet but if anyone is interested in joining us, the more the merrier. So far we have two road kings, a soft tail and me on my road glide. One of my buddies will be meeting us in Milwakee as he lives in Chicago. If there is enough interest by this coming weekend, I will check into a better rate for a block of rooms, but the group would have to be at least 10 or more. Just throwing it out there for anyone interested.

If you have an interest just respond to this tread by this coming weekend (5/29/15).

Sounds like fun. I'm working on a similar trip later in the summer... minus the UP part.

You taking the Lake Express ferry?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Yep, that is the plan as of rite now. Come along with us!

Same weekend, buddy of mine and I are headed north via the opposite side of Michigan, we have friends in Alpena and we'll end up in Boyne Friday night where he has a place.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wells View Post
    Yep, that is the plan as of rite now. Come along with us!
    Yeah... can't. Tied up a bit... work sucks this year for like the 4th year in a row...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Haha, I'm leaving Sunday(fathers day) with a few friends for Minnesota. We'll probably pass you on highway 2.
    My current and previous rides.
    1984 Honda Ascot 500 rode for 3 months
    2001 Honda Shadow 750 7 years and 60,000 miles
    2007 Suzuki M109R 18 months and 17,000 miles
    2008 Kawasaki Concours 6 years and 70,000 miles
    2008 Yamaha Raider purchased March 10,2015

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Same weekend, buddy of mine and I are headed north via the opposite side of Michigan, we have friends in Alpena and we'll end up in Boyne Friday night where he has a place.
    Let me know when your up.

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    Let me know when your up.
    Yeah, maybe we could hook up for dinner friday or Saturday night. I always like to hit Pearls in Elk Rapids.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Hey Matt, where are you leaving from, when (time) are you leaving, have you rode with the other riders, and are you locked into a 4 hour boat ride. I may be interested in riding along that weekend.

Jim