Thread: LED Headlight bulb replacements

Default LED Headlight bulb replacements

^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

A lot of LED bulbs out there. I've been following a lot of threads about these lights. Many are disappointing in the way the light is projected by the deflector. They are bright, but not well focused on the road. Some have to be installed upside down to make the high beam go "up" instead of down. Lots of cheap lights on Flea Bay and several more expensive options, some of which look the same.....

I put an LED bulb in my Sportster and LED auxiliary lights to replace my shattered HD aux light. I just got the wiring harness finished and powered them up. Everything works, so now to route the wires under the tank and secure, to finish the job. I'll start a thread about it when I'm done. With the Sporty's little stator, I wanted to reduce light power so I could run my heated grips and maybe a vest without killing the stator.

Yeah that's the thing about the HD LED replacement units... the light is very concentrated.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

The reflector is the key part in all these DIY kits or pre-packaged aftermarket replacement kits. I have wasted a ton of money on "awesome package/product" ... we all live and learn from our mistakes

In the pic above the reflector seems to have the beam pretty well concentrated . What I would like to know is how does that light look when you are facing the headlight (look at it from an angle if you are going to test this ...please). If there is too much scatter then it is going to affect oncoming traffic and if an LEO is around looking to give you a ticket .....
    GD
    ----
    It is all stock ... yes it is!

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mpo/5031671467.html
    hid conversion, two bulbs and one extra bad one. I wonder why they didn't keep it on long

Quote Originally Posted by glacieredlightning View Post
    The reflector is the key part in all these DIY kits or pre-packaged aftermarket replacement kits. I have wasted a ton of money on "awesome package/product" ... we all live and learn from our mistakes

In the pic above the reflector seems to have the beam pretty well concentrated . What I would like to know is how does that light look when you are facing the headlight (look at it from an angle if you are going to test this ...please). If there is too much scatter then it is going to affect oncoming traffic and if an LEO is around looking to give you a ticket .....
    Yeah retro fitting is a tough deal.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorbusiness View Post
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mpo/5031671467.html
    hid conversion, two bulbs and one extra bad one. I wonder why they didn't keep it on long
    IDK why he pulled but that's not really a good price. You could get a new setup from DDM for the same price.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    IDK why he pulled but that's not really a good price. You could get a new setup from DDM for the same price.
    Probably selling his bike.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

I would assume the thing probably gave him problems.

so that makes it a great purchase for everybody else
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"