Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rain suit

My boots are Gore Tex which helps.

I have been wearing the same style boot for years, Timberland pros in brown. Never much cared for black boots, don't know why. I will be buying the HD Rain Gaiters , part # 98349-07V. I do have lowers on the bike that help keep your feet dry but sometimes that's not enough. We've all been soaked right to the sock at some point or another.... great for longer trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    I have been wearing the same style boot for years, Timberland pros in brown. Never much cared for black boots, don't know why. I will be buying the HD Rain Gaiters , part # 98349-07V. I do have lowers on the bike that help keep your feet dry but sometimes that's not enough. We've all been soaked right to the sock at some point or another.... great for longer trips.
    Yeah, lowers havent been much help keeping my feet dry. I have the gaitors, but they take up more room.

This past summer I rode an entire day in solid rain in western North Carolina, feet were soaked.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Keith, your feet were soaked with just the lowers or you were wearing the gators and still got soaked?

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Keith, your feet were soaked with just the lowers or you were wearing the gators and still got soaked?
    Lowers, but no gators. I have worn gators before, they do work.

You feel like a dork walking into a gas station with them on tho.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Don't some of the rain suits have a boot gaiter on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Lowers, but no gators. I have worn gators before, they do work.

You feel like a dork walking into a gas station with them on tho.
    And you look like one tooo.... (in my best singing voice)

The real trick is to get the stuff on before the rain something I never do I just keep looking ahead thinking its gonna miss me, no I should pull over, no its gonna miss me, no I should pull over, shit I am soaked.....

That's exactly how it works Bombdog.

Quote Originally Posted by bombdog View Post
    And you look like one tooo.... (in my best singing voice)

The real trick is to get the stuff on before the rain something I never do I just keep looking ahead thinking its gonna miss me, no I should pull over, no its gonna miss me, no I should pull over, shit I am soaked.....
    Its very difficult to time right, especially in the south. Put it on before the tstorm rolls in and you sweat your ass off.

So what happens is you wait too long, get wet, pull over, put your suit on, get going, it immediately stops raining and you bake. So you pull over and take it off.

Ad infinitum.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Its very difficult to time right, especially in the south. Put it on before the tstorm rolls in and you sweat your ass off.

So what happens is you wait too long, get wet, pull over, put your suit on, get going, it immediately stops raining and you bake. So you pull over and take it off.

Ad infinitum.
    Yep dats da way it is.....