Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chaps....

I've got a like new pair of chaps in my closet. I've never had them altered and they have only been worn a few times, if you want them lets talk. wearing them my ass is cold when the temp is low. I like my over pants much better, I have two pair that I wear depending on the temp
    william

Fox leather makes great stuff.

A&M might have similar stuff or maybe even Fox stuff.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I got mine at Gibraltar Trade center in Mt Clemens at Sheridan s Leather. They fit them and sewn the bottoms to the length I wanted plus you could pick out quality of leather you want too

Quote Originally Posted by Fastfem24 View Post
    I got mine at Gibraltar Trade center in Mt Clemens at Sheridan s Leather. They fit them and sewn the bottoms to the length I wanted plus you could pick out quality of leather you want too
    http://gibraltartrade.com/shardans
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Fastfem24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post

I have the Power Trip Chaps....I took mine to Shardans and they sewn and fitted them and also added 2 more holes in the belt(with the metal eyelets)
    back when I had the Big Dog, they also sewed on 2 Big Dog patches for me....1 on my vest and the other on my leather...which I no longer have...
    Good place to go for sure...and they have a big selection and anything that is leather...

Chaps might keep your legs warm, but won't really protect much in a fall. No pads/ armor in knee and nothing at all on your hips and ass. I would consider them comfort, not safety. Just my opinion of course.

You are correct on this sprink..My issue with real protective gear is it constraints me to much. Silly as it may sound, it just does.
    Really appreciate all the feedback on this. I think im gong to take a ride up to the Trade Center / Sheridan this sat/sun and buy a fitted pair. Great idea, thanks a lot jess... gents!

I can't see myself in chaps if its that cold I put on thermals but I have never had cold legs riding.

Safety wise get the mesh HD jacket I have on and Gas has one they are actually cooler than just a T Shirt and you can get pads to put in them (sold separately of course) I don't wear mine much but it is comfy and not to expensive.
    Last edited by bombdog; 01-05-2015 at 10:48 AM.

I think leather chaps are great!they gotta help def can't hurt!but maybe not so much on the freeway where u need armor.but cruising around town where you might run in to the scrape factor leather is good.I have had my jeans shredded before, anyways one mans opinion.

I'm a strong supporter of my mesh jacket. Don't believe? Allow me to show you (anyone) the mesh that I was wearing when I went down at 60mph. Saved my hide!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"