Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chaps....

Default Chaps....

So I'm getting to the point that when spring rolls around I'm back on the bike... woohoo! It will be around a year and a half since I last rode. Having broken a dozen bones or so I'm a bit more conscious on adding more safety gear per say to my ride.
    Definitely getting a better helmet along with wearing a leather or comparable jacket at all times along with gloves and so on.... you get the idea. What I'm getting at is if I go down, id like to minimize my odds of getting serious hurt.
    So here's were the chaps come in. I've never owned a pair or worn a pair before but I'm seriously considering it now for reasons mentioned earlier plus keeps the legs warmer when temps drop.
    Any input on this fellas ? What sucks about them what do you Like about them? No pirate BS either, I get that, its more of a safety thing at this 'point. What's a good brand on chaps? How do you buy for size? I'm just looking for the lowers ( pants) I have the rest. Thanks for your impute...... no pirate shit spewing out of your A hole either..... thanks Gents.

Honestly with chaps... just get a cheap pair at one of these swap meets. Usually just go by waist size and you cut the legs to length.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I get anything leather from A&M. I think the biggest decision is weather to zip or snap.

Leatherup.com
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

I'm a frequent at A&M Medic but some times ALs at top dollar for his merchandise. Grant it he doesn't sell junk but ill still check him out tomorrow just in case he has something at a good deal. Thanks for the info

Kosher.... is that where you bought the chaps I seen you wearing the other day.. Leatherup? What style and size were those? Thanks

I think Al has some of the bottom end stuff as well.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Try Fox Creek Leathers for quality Chaps. Their prices are higher, but the quality will last a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    I'm a frequent at A&M Medic but some times ALs at top dollar for his merchandise. Grant it he doesn't sell junk but ill still check him out tomorrow just in case he has something at a good deal. Thanks for the info

Kosher.... is that where you bought the chaps I seen you wearing the other day.. Leatherup? What style and size were those? Thanks
    Nit sure what size, will look when I get home this weekend. They have a zip out liner, they zip up the side and 6 buttons near your ankle.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I think Al has some of the bottom end stuff as well.
    I thought chaps were bottomless.
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra AL View Post
    I thought chaps were bottomless.
    I'm not one to gossip , I hear someone had their chaps custom made with larger back door opening