Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lane Sharing/Splitting Petition

Post Lane Sharing/Splitting Petition

Not the best way to go about getting it...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...roads/qP86QbjN

Good or bad?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

You start lane splitting around here, you may as well call ahead and acquaint yourself with the medical examiner.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    You start lane splitting around here, you may as well call ahead and acquaint yourself with the medical examiner.
    sums it up

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    You may be right.

I'd like to see it for the simple fact of sitting in congested traffic sucks not to mention the stress it puts on an air cooled motor.

And when it's HOT, nothing sucks more than that HOT ass motor between your legs.

If done in a responsible manner I think it'd be a positive move. (Slow and easy)

Unfortunately, the mass majority is of the ignorant persuasion, and would probably end up as you said...

But, just because of the dumb asses and their high level of ignorance, it shouldn't limit my rights in any regard.

So, I'd be for it!

I'm pretty sure Kali is the only state that allows it.

Well with all the debris in the shoulders that option is out coming across a bumper or a truck bed could be worse for your bike.

What no turn signal??

Quote Originally Posted by bombdog View Post
    Well with all the debris in the shoulders that option is out coming across a bumper or a truck bed could be worse for your bike.

That's why I said slow and easy. Creeper mode! Make it a speed limit deal... 10 mph or some shit.

Man thats scary lookin.

Yep it was originally for air cooled bikes. I would do a shoulder but the way people text, use phones and generally not pay attention while driving, I would not want to split lanes.

Think it would be a good idea if only allowed at traffic lights and congested areas if speed is below 10-15 mph. As it is, a new law was enacted this year making it illegal to drive in the left land except to pass and idiots still either can't or won't get back into the right lane. Seems over half of the drivers in Michigan believe the left lane belongs only to them!
    Life is too short to abide stupidity, strive to educate someone today, including yourself!