Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: big mistake

Default big mistake

Big mistake I should have brought my bike with me. Here I am in beautiful 80* sunny Arizona and nothing to ride. At $159.oo a day rental, my bank account will be gone by spring. Iím not having much luck finding anything to purchase (at a reasonable price) because everyone is riding in this great weather. O my! What am I to do?
    Have you guys got snow yet? Had a cold snap here last night. The temp dropped down to 56*. I wish all a plentiful Thanksgiving.
    owl

Take a quick drive north to Vegas or something and pick up a used Harley there. Ride it for the winter, and turn it around in the spring.

Or pay my gas, plane ticket home, fuel, etc. and I'll ride your bike out there for ya. LOL
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

You may have something there AL. Campground fees, fuel cost and airline prices would be far less than the 20k they want for a 2012 Road Glide Ultra (with 21,000 miles) out here. Although, you could end up selling that Electra Glide and stepping up to the Road Glide of your dreams.
    owl

Shoulda ridden that thing down man...
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    You could end up selling that Electra Glide and stepping up to the Road Glide of your dreams.
    owl
    That is the real danger with that plan!
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Get your bike shipped down.

Or if it's a permanent thing down there for the winter... come into michigan, buy one at winter price and ship that down. Or buy one on eBay and have that shipped out to you.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I really want a Shovelhead and would like to have one out here. When the right one comes along I’ll jump on it. I can set up a small workshop here in the garage and by next year I may be able to ride all winter. If I were Rollin in dough, I’d have a Roadie in everyone’s garage.

Enjoy Jim! yep...wait for the right deal to come around and you will be good to go!

Jim I gots to say I was in your situation when i was in AL for a month and it sucks. I would rather be here in the cold with my bike that I can take out if it gets above 40 than be in 80* watching other people ride.

Quote Originally Posted by bombdog View Post
    Jim I gots to say I was in your situation when i was in AL for a month and it sucks. I would rather be here in the cold with my bike that I can take out if it gets above 40 than be in 80* watching other people ride.
    This!! but then again...Jim is the Global Baller!! you fucking rip Jim!! The man!