Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Storage

Default Winter Storage

So I plan on putting my bike in storage end of this month which is usual for me.Im pretty lucky my old boss lets me keep my bike in the shop garage which is heated.So now I start my winter woodworking jobs got a couple of picture frames to make and a couple of boxs To give out at christmas.When do you guys store your bikes?

I usually ride my bike until they start salting the roads...usually sometime in Dec. is when I put mine up...but if the roads are clean...I will still ride...

Well, I'm stored already Lee but typically ill ride till the salt flies and I've been known to ride even after that on a pick and choose basis. Heating my garage this year as well so bike and I will be comfy .

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Well, I'm stored already Lee but typically ill ride till the salt flies and I've been known to ride even after that on a pick and choose basis. Heating my garage this year as well so bike and I will be comfy .
    Were you able to get out this year?

Unfortunately I have not Lee. I'm healing very well but I think ill wait till spring at this point. This way I'm surely at 100% to go. Thanks for asking my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Unfortunately I have not Lee. I'm healing very well but I think ill wait till spring at this point. This way I'm surely at 100% to go. Thanks for asking my friend.
    Good for you moe!you will be rarin to go by then!

I just store mine in the garage where it usually parks. I much like already stated, will "keep it out" till the salt flies. I don't like to ride under 35* for icy reasons but typically just the salt keeps me from riding. I may try somin else this year... due to low miles this year on my oil, I may just not "winterize" it this winter. We shall see....
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I'm getting a 25K service done on Friday, that will do for "winterizing", but I'll still try to get out at least 1X/month through the winter as I always try to do.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

When you guyz say winterize what does that include,I usually just winterize (seafoam)my tank and thats it.

seafoam, bath, wax, and oil change service....
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"