Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Fall color report

Default 2014 Fall color report

So the wife and I decided to go for a quick day trip to the bridge to not only ride, but to access the colors...

I figured we could all chime in with a mini report.

Grayling to Gaylord area along I75 looked to be about 65% color. Some really nice colors.

Mackinaw was maybe 15%.

Tunnel of trees wasn't even 10%.

437 miles for the day and a wonderful day for it!

Nice Chain. Thanks for the share. I can't contribute much on a riding and colors perspective. Haven't ridden since Oct. /13...so technically my fall color is still gray! lol

After going from the downriver area last week and back the colors around the gaylord area are about 40% I would say. Some spots more than others but they are nice vibrant reds and oranges. Down here nothing.

We must have just missed ya Chain. The wife and I spent the weekend in Cross Village. Did the sunset thing Friday night at Legs inn.Rented a house at the north end of town for $80.00 a night! Blue Road Glide Ultra and red Gold wing out front when we were there. did the TOT southbound Saturday morning, spent the better part of the day on the beach just south of Morris lane then down to Harbor Springs for dinner at the New York. (insider tip- if you order before 5:30, second entree is free!) great food and excellent service from Jerry and his son. Back up 77 for sunset on the waterfront below Legs inn. Sunday rode the mission peninsula then 72 to 22 and 22 around torch lake to Crystal lake. Lunch in Frankfort then 115 to 127 south. took 22 east to Owosso then 52 south to Williamston then 43 (grand River)home to Howell. Can verify the color report. 40-60% up north with more color inland than on the water. a perfect weekend to put 1200 miles on the bike. Will post pics sometime this week when I get a chance.
    Life is too short to abide stupidity, strive to educate someone today, including yourself!

You guys rock!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Cool pic's Shane! the RG is looking sweet!

A bit off topic but where did you get the pinstripe for the bags? Looking to do this on mine and have no idea where to start. Thanks and again you and your bride look a perfect match.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcusaret2004 View Post
    We must have just missed ya Chain. The wife and I spent the weekend in Cross Village. Did the sunset thing Friday night at Legs inn.Rented a house at the north end of town for $80.00 a night! Blue Road Glide Ultra and red Gold wing out front when we were there. did the TOT southbound Saturday morning, spent the better part of the day on the beach just south of Morris lane then down to Harbor Springs for dinner at the New York. (insider tip- if you order before 5:30, second entree is free!) great food and excellent service from Jerry and his son. Back up 77 for sunset on the waterfront below Legs inn. Sunday rode the mission peninsula then 72 to 22 and 22 around torch lake to Crystal lake. Lunch in Frankfort then 115 to 127 south. took 22 east to Owosso then 52 south to Williamston then 43 (grand River)home to Howell. Can verify the color report. 40-60% up north with more color inland than on the water. a perfect weekend to put 1200 miles on the bike. Will post pics sometime this week when I get a chance.
    WOW!!! 1200 miles and NOT even leave the lower is impressive!!!! NICE!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    You guys rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagger Dave View Post
    Cool pic's Shane! the RG is looking sweet!
    Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    A bit off topic but where did you get the pinstripe for the bags? Looking to do this on mine and have no idea where to start. Thanks and again you and your bride look a perfect match.
    My painter did it.... sorry NOT any help, but I would imagine any place selling auto paint would have it. And Thank you for the compliment!
    Last edited by Chain; 09-30-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Jim from my work and I have an old school pin striper.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Good G....thanks. Not sure what to do yet but something subtle to fill in the lower of the cvo bags. Maybe put this in a different thread, I'm open for ideas. Don't want to jack Chains thread more than I have.