Thread: Help. Floor board/master cylinder/ brake arm mount

Default Help. Floor board/master cylinder/ brake arm mount

Took my throttle side floor board off and broke the rear bolt that holds the rear arm of the floor board to the bracket that mounts the floorboard/master cylinder/brake arm to the frame.

I've been unsuccessful in drilling out the broken bolt. Been at it for about 4 hrs total and at this point would rather try and get a new mount. However i can't find the part number for it anywhere. If you guys have any suggestions that would be great.

Here's the part I need

Here's the culprit

Repeat of my reply to your FB post - post it to hdforums.com, there's a member named 'dawg' who works at a dealer in NH and always responds to challenging part number requests.

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    Took my throttle side floor board off and broke the rear bolt that holds the rear arm of the floor board to the bracket that mounts the floorboard/master cylinder/brake arm to the frame.

I've been unsuccessful in drilling out the broken bolt. Been at it for about 4 hrs total and at this point would rather try and get a new mount. However i can't find the part number for it anywhere. If you guys have any suggestions that would be great.

Here's the part I need

Here's the culprit

_________
    Roll away the dew...

F that... I'd go to the dealer in the morning and order a new part. I've never had good luck with that type of thing.

That is probably a grade 8 bolt, hence you're issues. Sometimes adding heat is better than adding more strength. But that's next time I guess.

You can't find the part online because it's a factory replacement part not an aftermarket part.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Well if you cant get a nupart i can probably take it to my old shop and get that bolt out for you.

I have enough stuff to remove that bolt and may have all that is needed at my folks summer home (downriver). read your email and call me

Ended up going to the father in laws and using a drill press. First tried the easy out but it wouldn't bite good enough. Ended up drilling the entire bolt out and then re-tapping the whole. At least this part went flawless haha. Fucking figures.

When it gets to that point I check on pricing and compare effort of that vs price for new.

But you got it... GO YOU!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Way to go. Your rockin now .feels good when you can fix instead of replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Way to go. Your rockin now .feels good when you can fix instead of replacing.
    It does feel good getting it fixed. I'm still going to go up to the dealer and price the part out just so I'll know for future reference. Once I got it on the drill press it was only about a 25 minute job all together so if that saved me a hundred bucks then in winning.