View Poll Results: What brand tire do you run?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michilin

5 29.41%
  • Bridgestone

0 0%
  • Avon

0 0%
  • Dunlops

10 58.82%
  • Metzler

1 5.88%
  • Shink

0 0%
  • Perelli

0 0%
  • Continental

1 5.88%
  • Other aka rubber bands

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What tire brand do you run?

I installed Dunlop Elite IIIís on an Electra Glide and thought they were great. They changed the ride for the better and improved the handling. I have Dunlop American Eliteís on my Road Glide and wouldnít want anything else. The ride is somewhat harsh but handling and traction improvements more than make up for the ride. With over 9000 miles I had a flat on the rear tire. 9000+miles and this tire showed less than 50% wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Yeah I had to correct my statement... dunlops on the HD... been thru 834 sets for reasons I can't mention. They are good. Decent grip wet and dry, mileage seems decent so I'm not sure what people complaign about with the HD dunlops.
    The other thing that amuses me is when people go from Tire/mfg X to Tire/mfg Y and say "I can't believe the difference". Well of course, your old tires were worn out.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by kosher View Post
    the other thing that amuses me is when people go from tire/mfg x to tire/mfg y and say "i can't believe the difference". Well of course, your old tires were worn out.
    this
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

ran stock Dunlops on the road glide ultra for 15k. The rear started cupping at 7.5k. Not a safety issue but noisier than necessary, still 15k is pretty good mileage. Went with Dunlop American Elites the second time around and so far (250 miles) I love 'em. softer ride, better traction wet and dry. Only time and miles will determining longevity. am planning a trip up north soon and a trip to Texas shortly thereafter. will post impressions when I return, but so far a great replacement and better than stock rubber.
    Life is too short to abide stupidity, strive to educate someone today, including yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    The other thing that amuses me is when people go from Tire/mfg X to Tire/mfg Y and say "I can't believe the difference". Well of course, your old tires were worn out.
    While that sounds reasonable Kosher, The fact that I put 15,000 a year on the bike and its tires, I can tell the difference between the old tires and the new ones immediately and the difference isn't just because the new ones are new. I can certainly remember what the bike felt like when I rolled ot off the showroom floor on both sets of tires. Now for those who only do say 2500 mile a year, it may be different.
    Life is too short to abide stupidity, strive to educate someone today, including yourself!

That makes a good point kosher.

owl... what is so "harsh" about the American Elites.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

There's a new version of American Elites out now. "2nd generation", not sure when they started shipping

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/info...merican-elite/
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Harsh, not as soft and cushy as the OEM's. I had 8000 miles on the Harley tires when I changed to the American Elite's, and the difference was noticeable.

So less cushy but better traction in wet and dry.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

You got it, Gas Man. I would purchase another set of American Elites when the tire comes, or perhaps the II's.