Thread: Bluegrass Weekend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bluegrass Weekend

Well I got back home yesterday mid afternoon from a wonderful weekend. I left Thursday heading to Lexington KY for the SCRC National Rally. But more importantly to spend some time with a buddy and his family.

The weather was great heading out and held almost all the way to Mikey's. After stopping in Lexington to get checked in for the rally I headed south to Richmond. Just after getting on the highway (75 South) it started to rain a bit. I pulled over to get my rain gear on and just in time. When I started back out it came a frog strangler complete with wind thunder and lightening and I head for the nearest overpass to wait it out. The heavy stuff lasted about 15-20 minutes and then it let up a bit. So I headed back out and drove out of the rain in about 5 minutes.

After that the weather settled down and other than a little overnight rain on Saturday it was great. The forecast was for thundershowers all the way home on Sunday but it was a beautiful partly cloudy day and was even a bit cooler so very nice riding.

The Rally was nice but I am not a very big fan of SCRC anymore since they started trying to tell us who we can and cannot ride with. They are getting way too big and egotistical for their britches. I had already registered and paid for the Rally or I would not have gone. But the rides were nice as any would be in that part of the country.

Sunday I headed back north and met up with another buddy from Ohio for breakfast and we had a great time chatting and talking about his new bike. It's really a looker too. Very nice.

Here are some pics of the weekend.

Cool pic's! thanks for sharing.....glad ya had a good time!

That's some good miles I bet.