Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My first Chrysler ownership

Thumbs up My first Chrysler ownership

So a month of so back I sold off the HBD. The plan was to buy my neighbors 2002 Chevy that I got him (and for me to borrow) from my work when they still sold us the old work trucks for cheap... which they don't do anymore.

But about 2 weeks ago, about 2am my neighbor hood a loud noise out front; he looked out the window and didn't see anything. Next morning he found this....

What we can figure... That night, my other neighbor about 5 houses down had his big annual bash. We think a drunkard from that did it...

Anyway, 12 year old truck had full coverage but they totaled it. I don't mind a few dents but that's taking it too far for me.

I don't want somebody else's junk garbage off CL, especially post flood-apocalypse 2014. So I thought about the cheapest lease I can find in a big 3 truck, 3 year/10k per. I called first choice and the best he could get me, being I don't qualify for competitor lease swap... $335 a month for a extended cab STX. meh... and way too much coin. I want low 200's.

Chevy guy can do work truck stripped down truck for $220. Ok but I'd prefer to not buy another GM.

I remembered my buddy Jason works at Suburban Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Fiat in AA. Called him... he hooked me the F up!!! Dude is awesome!!! Got me discounts and $8500 in rebates. Got a standard assesories truck (PW/PL/Keyless/AC/ABS) but nothing fancy besides the backup camera. But it has a 5.7 HEMI and 4x4 sitting on 20" chrome... get this...

$225 a month and with 12k per year. I'm stoked!!

I picked the color and BAM

The truck isn't decked out like Bagger Dave's or allot of others. But it is a far cry better than I was expecting for a new truck lease in the way low 200's.

If you need any of this... look up Jason. He will even bring you the car if you need.
    Jason Strahan
    Suburban Chrysler/Dodge/RAM/Fiat in Ann Arbor
    734-794-5874
    Tell him I sent you!

With this being a nice new and 4x4 truck, I can send the wife to work with it, and fully expect for her to drive it most of the winter.

Either way... I now have 4 cars in the driveway, 1 stang in the garage with the 1 HD. I'm paying/paid for all but 1.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Chris, you did good!! that is a sweet truck!! yeah....don't ya love the 20" chromes?! I think it sets the truck off! looked at
    when I first at my truck before I bought it, that was one of the first things that I noticed was the 20" chromes on it...fills the wheel wells nice!
    Yeah, I have always owned GM and never had any major problems....to each their own...
    You going to have Arnold do 20% on the front doors? to match the rear doors?

Hell yes you did good!! Nice looking truck! Only personal trucks I've ever owned were dodge rams.
    Drunken mofo did you a good deed.
    Congrats G!!

Damn good deal. Wish thats all I was paying for my truck

Looks awesome bro. I think Jason used to sell Harley's at Motor City.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Good Choice. Although I'm a GM guy several friends have the Dodge and love them.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Nice Ride!

I gotta admit though, as I was looking at the pics of the bashed up buddies truck, that it was another Mustang in the making, and that GasMan's Garage would be occupied with the restoration and rebuild for the next several months. LOL.

Way to go Gman!
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Nice!!!

Nah Dave, I'm not going that dark... probably 50%... with a windshield banner.

Thanks gents. I like it. It's not a loaded up dream truck but it looks good and I'm happy with it.

Al, you are right but not. It is sad about the white truck, it's a good truck.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Nah Dave, I'm not going that dark... probably 50%... with a windshield banner.

Thanks gents. I like it. It's not a loaded up dream truck but it looks good and I'm happy with it.

Al, you are right but not. It is sad about the white truck, it's a good truck.
    You did good dude! after seeing your new truck in person today....that fucker is sharp!