View Poll Results: Does your current bike fit your ideal riding style?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, I need to go slower

0 0%
  • Nope, I need to go faster

2 9.52%
  • Perfect fit, like a glove

13 61.90%
  • Nope, I need to change styles completely

1 4.76%
  • I have multiple bikes so I always have something good.

4 19.05%
  • I have many bikes but still need a few more styles.

1 4.76%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does your current bike fit your ideal riding style?

Just got back from our second 1k+ run in the UP yesterday, both on the RG... I am NOT happy with the wind on this thing... I'll have to do some windshield research and see what's available (Klockwerks now)... but after riding the RG, and hopping onto the SG, there is NO comparison to wind blocked on the SG. (Not a deal breaker, but both our ears were humming after this weekend, WITH ear plugs in) Love the ride, and I can tell ya, the RG handles better, I think it's more than likely the lack of weight on the bars... I can definitely get her down closer the the ground then the SG.

Time will tell. We are still going to ride the RG to Sturgis next year regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Just got back from our second 1k+ run in the UP yesterday, both on the RG... I am NOT happy with the wind on this thing... I'll have to do some windshield research and see what's available (Klockwerks now)... but after riding the RG, and hopping onto the SG, there is NO comparison to wind blocked on the SG. (Not a deal breaker, but both our ears were humming after this weekend, WITH ear plugs in) Love the ride, and I can tell ya, the RG handles better, I think it's more than likely the lack of weight on the bars... I can definitely get her down closer the the ground then the SG.

Time will tell. We are still going to ride the RG to Sturgis next year regardless.
    What shield are you using? I'm 5-10 and I have a 13" LRS Mako dark, works great. Passenger probably would get a fair amount of air (I dont often have a passenger, and when I do, its just around town), but I'm fine.

The other miracle shield that people swear by is the Madstad. Some say its ugly, I dont think it looks bad. Its a Fugly to begin with after all!

The idea is that it lets air escape up the inside of the shield vs creating turbulence around it. You can change 3 parameters on it - height (within a small range), size of air gap, and angle. It takes some tuning, but most people swear by them.

Do you have these? They really help: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-deflector-kit

Also check out the windshield forum on Roadglide.org, lots of commentary on the Madstad, and other shields - http://www.roadglide.org/forumdisplay.php?f=23

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.2136/.f

Last edited by Kosher; 09-02-2014 at 01:01 PM.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

My bike fits my riding style perfectly. I especially like the versatility of a removable tour pack.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Love my RG just wish it had a little more power maybe another 167hp or so.

My style has changed this year, dont do that many rides anymore just need something to run to the hardware store.to that end been lookin at smaller bikes going tomorrow to look at yamaha's sr400 and suzuki's s40 both weigh in at about 380 lbs so should help my back alot.

I love all my motorcycles.. Just got my first speeding ticket in years.. ugh 31 over on the highway

31 over! YIKES !!

I spent a lot of time and money trying to make my sportster handle better, ride better, and go faster. Got it pretty well maxed out and then found my Buell. It does all I was looking for, and for about 1/3 the cost lol. Buell is not made for long rides, so I am leaning the sporty that way. I suppose if I come up with some cash I will get a touring bike one day. Not sure if it will be a Road Glide an Indian or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    My bike fits my riding style perfectly. I especially like the versatility of a removable tour pack.
    did this guy say?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

A had a lot of fun with my sportsters, but for any distance riding over 70 miles or so i was pretty miserable on them. The super glide is a good compromise. Decent power and handling, and i can put a few hundred miles on it in decent comfort without getting off the bike and feeling like someone took a baseball bat to my back. For going two up with my wife I may end up upgrading to a touring bike down the road, but for now im pretty happy.