Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call to action - Michigan exhaust bill!

Exclamation Call to action - Michigan exhaust bill!

_________
    Roll away the dew...

Here is the text of the email I sent to this Douglas Geiss moron:

-------
    to: douglasgeiss@house.mi.gov

cc: WayneSchmidt@house.mi.gov<WayneSchmi...y@house.mi.gov>;

Mr Geiss - Please spend your time trying to solve actual problems and leave our bikes alone. (per http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ql4...e=2014-HB-5726)

I suggest you tackle more important issues like: Road funding, crime, economic competitiveness.

I live in District 40 (Bloomfield Hills – Mike McCready)

_________
    Roll away the dew...

a friend got a ticket for loud pipes about a month ago while riding his zx14
    william

Even though it only goes after the shops, not having the exhaust on the bike/car. But I sent an email anyway, to every single one of those bastards

Top of the Morning,

I am writing you to back my opposition to H.B. 5726, the bill to ban aftermarket exhausts. Not only does it go against everything that motor city is about, it is against my way of life and life of gear head. But I can talk to the business side of the state's tourism. Last year we elected to remove the helmet laws to increase motorcycle tourism. We have a great state to ride a motorcycle in; I know because I am a motorcyclist as well. Have you considered the percentage of motorcycles with aftermarket exhausts? A bill like this will be the same as closing our borders to all of that tapped tourism dollars.

I also own a Mustang muscle car that has an aftermarket exhaust; a joy of life that I picked up from the years of wrenching on cars with my father and uncles. Most of my family works in the auto industry, with 2 uncles building the new Mustangs in Flat Rock. We are Motor City Michigan!

I always believe that we the people need to do a better job enforcing the laws we have, before we try to create new laws. How many times during your daily commute do you drive behind cars with malfunctioning tail lights or bumpers falling off the car? Laws are suppose to be about making our lives and our state a better place to be. Not just create problems or make another law that is on the books for no good reason.

Please support me in my opposition to this bill, HB 5726.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

That also means companies cant manufacture performance exhaust. Not just fit them.

Emails sent.

email sent.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Here's the response I just got from my state rep:
    --------
    Thank you for taking the time to write regarding House Bill 5726, introduced by Representative Doug Geiss, dealing with aftermarket auto exhaust systems that are louder than those installed by the factory. I appreciate knowing your thoughts and concern on the bill.

As you may know, the bill was just recently introduced and currently resides in the House Committee on Transportation, which I serve. While I have not studied the bill extensively, my initial impression is leaning to oppose it. Michigan already has laws dealing with how loud a vehicle may be on a public road, and this bill could adversely affect the rich aftermarket car industry in our state. While I will not make a final decision until I have heard all discussion and debate, I will keep your thoughts in mind if the Transportation Chairman, Rep. Wayne Schmidt, does bring the bill up in committee.

Again, thanks for taking the time to write. If you have any additional thoughts or another issue of concern please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Sincerely,

Mike McCready
    State of Michigan Representative
    40th District
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

email sent!!

I got the same exact response!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"