Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TWC - July 6th, 2014 - Browns Bar (Harsens Island)

I'll meet up along the way with you guys. If you want to make a stop at exit 224A and I-94 we could take Jefferson down. Ultra Al and I did this ride a couple weeks back.
    Bikers Against Child Abuse - B.A.C.A.
    Wayne County Chapter - Michigan
    http://michigan.bacaworld.org/

"No Child Deserves To Live In Fear"

Sounds good to me Klimo. I'll text you when were rolling that way

OK.....
    Bikers Against Child Abuse - B.A.C.A.
    Wayne County Chapter - Michigan
    http://michigan.bacaworld.org/

"No Child Deserves To Live In Fear"

How was it? Where did you all end up?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

We had a great day. Me and Rebelscum (Tom) rode from my place and met mud and kosher at the Coney Island around ten. Then we rolled out and apparently just missed bomb dog. We rode over to the east side and met up with Klimo and his lady. From there we rolled along the water all the way to Algonac and would have went right onto the ferry with no wait but klimo's key fob battery died so he had to do a quick battery change because his bike wouldn't start.

Then we rode to browns bar on the island and along the way picked up Bombdog and his buddy (forgot the name). Was disappointed with browns only because I couldn't get fish but the food we did have was good.

After lunch we went to the other side of the island for a photo op (will post tomorrow) and after we closed down the road we took off to San souci and got icecream. Had an awesome day and would do the ride again in a heart beat. Definitely need to go back and do San souci for a ride. Overall a little over 200 miles on the glide today. Got a nice burn on my face to go with it.

We all got great pics and will get them up tomorrow when I'm not on the phone

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    We had a great day. Me and Rebelscum (Tom) rode from my place and met mud and kosher at the Coney Island around ten. Then we rolled out and apparently just missed bomb dog. We rode over to the east side and met up with Klimo and his lady. From there we rolled along the water all the way to Algonac and would have went right onto the ferry with no wait but klimo's key fob battery died so he had to do a quick battery change because his bike wouldn't start.

Then we rode to browns bar on the island and along the way picked up Bombdog and his buddy (forgot the name). Was disappointed with browns only because I couldn't get fish but the food we did have was good.

After lunch we went to the other side of the island for a photo op (will post tomorrow) and after we closed down the road we took off to San souci and got icecream. Had an awesome day and would do the ride again in a heart beat. Definitely need to go back and do San souci for a ride. Overall a little over 200 miles on the glide today. Got a nice burn on my face to go with it.

We all got great pics and will get them up tomorrow when I'm not on the phone
    Cool! glad you guys had a good ride!

Klimo... you can bypass your key fob by entering a 5 digit code into your dash with your turn signals. Look it up in your manual. Problem is you need to know the 5 digit code.

Many use a zip code...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Had a great time but now am jonesing to get my boat in the water. My buddy ( we will call him Rick ) and I left my house and I tried hitting the dealership to pick up a windshield fastener thingy but they were closed. Missed them at the Coney so headed up to Harsens. Waited at the Ferry for about 15 minutes tried calling Lance but he dont have a 14 HD with sink so did not answer. We jumped on the ferry and headed over. For those who have not done this it is interesting putting your bike on a small ferry with a wet deck and cat litter (lance will explain). God Bless our server who had no idea what she was getting into but I do think she will change careers(maybe prison guard). A great ride around the Island with lots of some we really did not want to see. I got to lead around the island with nobody going down and no U turns. We also had a Airplane stop for us! All and all a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Klimo... you can bypass your key fob by entering a 5 digit code into your dash with your turn signals. Look it up in your manual. Problem is you need to know the 5 digit code.

Many use a zip code...
    I changed mine from the default (many bikes are stolen because the dont change them), and HD actually provides a card you can keep in your wallet that outlines the override procedure and has space for you to write your code on it.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Yeah I changed mine too... but that's what most dealerships set them at.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"