Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MS150 Michigan

Well after a day of running errands and shopping I finally have a couple of minutes to report on this past weekends ride with BikeMS.

It was great event and the weather held out foir us so we only had a little rain Saturday night after being safely ensconced in the dorm at Michigan State Univ. The room was not great but adequate and free. So not a big deal. The only thing bad was that being handicapped I can not walk long distances and the larger bath facility with multiple showers was on the far side of the building. Something that can be easily remedied for next year.

The people were great and very appreciative of my presence. That is volunteers and riders alike. Many taking the time to seek me out and thank me personally. They are all looking forweard to more motorcycle support in Sept. so I hope many of you can make it. The early ride is a mountain bike ride with much shorter routes than this one. But the latter one in Frankenmuth will be similar to this one with routes from 30 miles up 100 miles each day. Gas was handled for the days of the rides also by simply getting a receipt and turning in at the end of Sunday's ride for cash payout.

The food was GREAT. We ate at the cafeteria on Brody Hall and they had every imaginable type of food available and all you could eat. We hade dinner there Saturday evening and breakfast Sunday morning. You were issued an ID card and the food was included for the volunteers.

Here is alink to few pics I took.

http://s600.photobucket.com/user/rb7...MS/July%202014

All in all a great time, important work accomplished and a great feeling inside. Hope to see all of you (plus) in Sept.

Taz

I really want to help in Sep. Seems like a great cause and a great idea.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Hopefully I can make the September dates. Would really enjoy helping out

Yep...Sept. is looking good so far...both dates in Sept. I have off....unless something changes....would like to help out also

Did they have you carrying any cargo and/or supplies.

How do-able is this on sport bikes... I'd love to help out if I'm not working that weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I really want to help in Sep. Seems like a great cause and a great idea.
    Looking forward to that and a M&G as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    Hopefully I can make the September dates. Would really enjoy helping out
    It will be great to have you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger Dave View Post
    Yep...Sept. is looking good so far...both dates in Sept. I have off....unless something changes....would like to help out also
    It is an awesome feeling you get (or at least I do) when just one of them says "Thanks for being here for us". I look forward to meeting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Did they have you carrying any cargo and/or supplies.
    It is always a good idea to have a bicycle air pump and some basic first aid supplies but not required. They supply you with water and ice to carry. I use a small cooler that fits in the trunk of my Wing. But even that is not "required."