Thread: Triples shoot out

Default Triples shoot out

Review I enjoyed watching on youtube today. Ever since I went and saw bill Ive been really digging some of these triumph bikes especially the street and speed triples since there similar style to the fz-09 that ive had my eye on. Been doing research and reading and watching vids on certain bikes because towards the end of the year I want to pick up a second bike for the stable and looking for something sporty to have fun in the twisties. For the longest time Ive wanted an R1 because I enjoy the things that yamaha has done to and its an amazing power plant but I know Ill never use the motors whole potential and honestly the reason Im drawn to the liter bikes is that little bit extra room for the rider compared to the 600's.

So lately it seems ive been leaning towards the naked bikes especially with the introduction of the fz-09. Better ergos for all day riding and the styling on them is just cool. My attention really went towards the triumphs after seeing bill at the dealer just seeing how well they treat the customers make the great bikes stand out even more. HD and the jap dealers should take some notes. So here is a vid that has 3 bikes im digging the fz-09 and the triumph speed and street triples along with an mv agusta.

linky to full review
    http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...otout-tre-cool

Formerly known as Rugby66x

Thanks for the kind words Lance. I really want to ride the FZ09 so I can compare, Yamaha has really priced that bike low to grab some market share from us and to be honest it looks like they went between the speed and the street. I maintain that the street triple R is the best all around street bike Triumph makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxtonbill View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Lance. I really want to ride the FZ09 so I can compare, Yamaha has really priced that bike low to grab some market share from us and to be honest it looks like they went between the speed and the street. I maintain that the street triple R is the best all around street bike Triumph makes.
    Im going to reserve any judgement until I can ride them to know for sure. Price will also be a major factor being a second bike. I havent seen too many used street triples but that could be because no one wants to get rid of them yet.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Yeah I have been really digging on the 675 triple as well. Would be a killer track bike. Then I'd have the small and large tracks covered. If I hit Grattan it would definitely be the 675 or Gingerman. If I hit Mid-Ohio or Road America it's definitely the R1.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

I'm with ya Lance... they are sexy bikes.

For me, if I bought a naked bike like that, I'd get an old Buell. Love em.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

How bout some triples in the sand
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrQDxAeSvmI

That would be so much fun

That's Fucking badass, I'm seeing a future TWC haha

Hell Yes that sand looks like a blast I was looking at the Triumphs cross bike at the bike show. I just need to get it lowered which is why I like them over the BMWs that I could never get due to height.