Thread: 1983 Kawasaki KZ550-C4 LTD service manual

Default Looking for a specific service/shop manual

I've searched the internet high and low for someone selling a shop manual for my bike. I've found many, many manuals that fit very similar models, but under each description none of them fit my exact model. In short, I'm looking for a service manual that will work for my 1983 Kawasaki KZ550-C4. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm getting fairly desperate. This is of course, the first bike I have ever personally owned (but not the first I've ever ridden, and I've borrowed a bike or two for some time) and to be frank, my bike is sick. And I want to be the one to make it well again.

So please, if any of you can hook me up with this manual, I'll gladly pay if you have it. Or if you can link me somewhere that has one for sale, or even a free download, I'd love it all the more. And maybe I'll use this thread (complete with step by step pics) of my progress.

I'm going to be using my bike for a multitude of reasons. For commuting and enjoyment of course, but also as a way to practice my wrenching and hone my skills, as I want nothing more than to work in a motorcycle shop one day. That'd be happiness for me.

Anyway, please, if you can help. I'd be grateful

EDIT yeah nevermind, found the motorcycle sales board.
    Last edited by StevieRides; 05-29-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    All I care about is the road, man.

Default 1983 Kawasaki KZ550-C4 LTD service manual

If you'd be so kind.

merged for you
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

any dealer can get you a book. not sure what your looking for cause no one book covers 1 model year, except maybe the factory service manual but probably not. they will group a few years together cause they are the same BUT will point out if something is different in certain years.

Thanks for merging this Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by junkyardjon View Post
    any dealer can get you a book. not sure what your looking for cause no one book covers 1 model year, except maybe the factory service manual but probably not. they will group a few years together cause they are the same BUT will point out if something is different in certain years.
    Hmm, guess I'll pop on down to the dealer then, I did see a manual that covered the KZ550-C3, which I suspect is the exact same bike, just the '82 make. I'm just one of those people that hates buying something they'll never use, so I just wanted to be absolutely sure.

Ii have 85/07 covers 250,454,450 and 500 its urs if you want it !

the Michigan library site is down, that sucks. they have all the Chilton manuals you can download for free. not a lot of people know about that

or maybe the state didn't pay the bill.....
    Last edited by junkyardjon; 05-29-2014 at 11:52 PM.