Thread: Cost of a water pump

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cost of a water pump

So a buddy had a tune up done to his 06 GSXR, and put less then 100 miles on it and the water pump started to leak oil. He took it in and the "diagnosed" it. Their telling him its $400 to do the repair, does this sound right? I looked through the manual and it seems WAY easier then my truck's water pump. So basically I am wondering am I crazy, or is this more difficult than it looks?

Link to the manual incase anyone is interested http://everythinggsxr.com/pdf/gsxr750_06-07.pdf

do you get a complete water pump or just parts? if it's complete, it's real easy and fast. if it's just new parts you need to put together, that's shop time.

I wouldn't think that much. The oil and water pump run off the same shaft. But I didn't look at the manual though.

Seams pretty simple couple bolts to pop it off, although you need a Bearing Remover to get to the mechanical seal. Called around some and one guy said it would take him an hour or two to pull it out and rebuild it and put it back...