Thread: Cruise-Mate

Default Cruise-Mate

I can't believe there isn't a thread on this... I have been running one since their invention in like 2007.

Cruise-Mate

I have had one on 2 Sporty's, and on my big dog. For a carb bike they work great to hold the idle up... as well as the cruise function on the highway...

I use the one on the current Nightster all the time to relax the hand or adjust your jacket/gloves/balls/etc... love it.

^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

So it only works on cable throttle bikes right. If its like a throttle lock I wouldn't ever use one. Like a death wish.

Looks like a throttle lock to me. Probably be good on longer rides. Not really suitable for my bike.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

My bike came with a knob there. Yes, throttle lock. On the highway it can be handy, like to take off a glove, but wouldn't use it for cruise control. It applies pressure to hold the throttle, but the throttle can be closed without touching the knob if you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by sprink View Post
    My bike came with a knob there. Yes, throttle lock. On the highway it can be handy, like to take off a glove, but wouldn't use it for cruise control. It applies pressure to hold the throttle, but the throttle can be closed without touching the knob if you have to.
    Exactly but the knob isn't nearly as handy as the lever...

You can very very very easily over power it. You guys are more than welcome to see it on my nightster. When Dave was Chopper Dave he had one, he too can attest.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I had one on my Big Dog K-9 Chop....we did the install at your crib Chris...I used mine a lot for warming up the bike....

My FI fatboy has a friction screw that works good enough for me.
    Last edited by horrorbusiness; 04-30-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Mine has cruise control comes in very handy on those 40mph streets that every time you look down you are going sixty and for dipping freedom fries on a road trip (or texting and riding).

I'm so glad I have cruise control, I'm such a pussy.

On my way to Sturgis in 2012, my cruise control switch went out about an hour outside of Mankato, MN where we were stopping for the night.

That was a very painful hour of riding, my hand felt like a claw after that.

A buddy of mine rode to/from Sturgis for a few years in the late 70's on a sportster and he remembers it all fondly. I'm a puss!
    _________
    Roll away the dew...